BWF to introduce a new scoring system after the TUC 2014 ?

Discussion in 'Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating' started by chimeranova, May 3, 2014.

1. chimeranova

chimeranova Regular Member

Hi there ;) I would like to share something I saw on Victor official website. http://www.victorsport.com/coach_de...edium=Facebook&utm_campaign=Competition Rules Since 2013, we saw few China and India National leagues adopting some brand new scoring systems. But as the author of this article suggests, I never thought it could be something who could be studied for the BWF rules ! This sentence particuarly caught my eye : "It seems certain. Official BWF news indicates that the new rules will be introduced after the Thomas & Uber cups in India in May. Let’s guess what the changes will be?" The author explains then the different scoring systems used by China SBL and India Badminton League. So, what do you think about that ? Which scoring system would suits you ? It could be quiet a huge information as the new rules in 2006 changed a lot of things on the international scene.

2. mater

mater Regular Member

Nomad
    So in short, the Indian Badminton League is 2 out of 3, the first two games, first to reach 21, no extra points. Tie breaker is 11 point sudden death, switching sides at 6 points. The China Badminton Super League is 11 points and also a 3 on 3 match format.I'd like to see what the new rule changes are, when they happen.

3. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    15-point system

I personally prefer changing to a 15-point system. It is more gradual or progressive.

4. mater

mater Regular Member

Nomad
    I do agree, a 15 point sounds like a good middle to meet, maybe 2 out of 3, first 2 no extra points. The 11 point sounds short but it may be ok, considering first 2 games can go up to 15. I can't see myself playing a 3 on 3 format. I like the current 5 formats as they are. I may try some 11 or 15 point games next time I get to the courts.