User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think India has a real chance to beat Malaysia looking at that line up. What about men's doubles?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 rd singles would be selected depending upon the performance of the players in the last few months. May be they select sai praneeth or sourabh verma instead of RMV. This is my opinion. The key factor to beat malaysia is to beat them in 2 singles and one doubles.
    And to beat korea is to take 3 singles. It's very tough but not unrealistic. K.srikanth even in age of 19 itself he has beaten sonwonho . His H2H with him is 2-0 in favour of srikanth. Now, it's now in the hands of 2nd and 3rd singles of india to prove their talent against korea.

With germany, its going to be marc vs srikanth. For such a young age, playing 1st singles will add pressure.

I THINK HE IS THE YOUNGEST 1'ST SINGLES PLAYER FOR A COUNTRY IN THIS THOMAS CUP..

some of the first singles players are

1. Chen long

2. Kenichi tago

3. Lee chong wei

4. Tommy sugiarto

5. Marc zweibler

6. Sonwonho

7. Boonsak ponsanna

8. Hu yun

So, srikanth is the youngest of all and with very less experience. But , he has beaten boonsak, hu yun, sonwonho etc. He did not play chen long yet. Hope he does well without getting nervous of meeting experienced top players of other countries.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    And to beat korea is to take 3 singles. It's very tough but not unrealistic. K.srikanth even in age of 19 itself he has beaten sonwonho . His H2H with him is 2-0 in favour of srikanth. Now, it's now in the hands of 2nd and 3rd singles of india to prove their talent against korea.
    Yup, against KOR Thomas team, IND squad must win all three MS to keep QF chance alive as KOR has clear advantage in two doubles pairs.KOR as a team is really dangerous underdog and serious dark horse to topple the faves, let's see their performance this time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Proper ORDER of Naming (differentiating the family and given name)

scorpion1 , there is no such Korean name as Sonwonho

it should be SON Wan Ho (the family name is SON)

Following is an appeal to ALL BCers:

Not to be harsh but I wish ALL BCers will pay more attention upon the player' correct name from ALL nations and the correct ORDER of naming, and apply accuracy for showing the decent attention (and perhaps as a way of showing respect to varied cultures; abandoning the ignorance, if any), which segment is the given name, which one is the family name, as well as the correct way to write it down.

Most nations (cultures are more appropriate term here) write down their name as Given name, FAMILY name (e.g. Saina NEHWAL; Boonsak PONSANA; Marc ZWIEBLER; Simon SANTOSO; Vladimir IVANOV; Jan O JORGENSEN; Kenichi TAGO; Muhammad Hafiz HASHIM; etc ).

HOWEVER, those Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese etc write their names as FAMILY name, Given name (as in SON Wan Ho; LEE Chong Wei; NGUYEN Tien Minh; HU Yun; TIAN Houwei; etc).

In case of Singaporean with mixing of Western and Chinese names, the correct format will be Derek WONG Zi Liang (full name) or Derek WONG (shortened one).

I notice BWF and Tournament Software still write down the player names, esp. the Asian, in arbitrary order (showing no consistency), albeit fortunately they indicate correctly the family name (note its capitalization).

Note: capitalization is not a must, it's just a way to help readers alien to the naming practice of the said culture.
    Last edited by kelana; 05-14-2014 at 03:15 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol. It seems like somebody is taking classes here. I don't need to know their family background in order to write their simple name.
    And also, I mis spelled and could not edit due to the ongoing problem in BC. Before giving lectures, I request you to know that there are so many jumbled posts with so many errors by so many BCers here due to the upgraded issue. I already requested administrator to correct the issue. Have you seen it ? . If not, I request you to read it before laughing at others.. ?. I could not edit , could not reply, could not include a link , picture or image, could not use emoticons etc. Everybody will try their best to post neatly and perfectly without any mistakes . But what can they do if they could not edit the posts written by them . Their fault ?. Lol.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol. It seems like somebody is taking classes here. I don't need to know their family background in order to write their simple name. And also, I mis spelled and could not edit due to the ongoing problem in BC. Before giving lectures, I request you to know that there are so many jumbled posts with so many errors by so many BCers here due to the upgraded issue. I already requested administrator to correct the issue. Have you seen it ? . If not, I request you to read it before laughing at others.. ?. I could not edit , could not reply, could not include a link , picture or image, could not use emoticons etc. Everybody will try their best to post neatly and perfectly without any mistakes . But what can they do if they could not edit the posts written by them . Their fault ?. Lol.
    I am one who always make mistakes with my original posts which later requires editing.That's why I seldom post lately.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol. It seems like somebody is taking classes here. I don't need to know their family background in order to write their simple name.
    And also, I mis spelled and could not edit due to the ongoing problem in BC. Before giving lectures, I request you to know that there are so many jumbled posts with so many errors by so many BCers here due to the upgraded issue. I already requested administrator to correct the issue. Have you seen it ? . If not, I request you to read it before laughing at others.. ?. I could not edit , could not reply, could not include a link , picture or image, could not use emoticons etc. Everybody will try their best to post neatly and perfectly without any mistakes . But what can they do if they could not edit the posts written by them . Their fault ?. Lol.

scorpion1; try using CHROME browser and RIGHT CLICK on the corresponding tab to enable the Edit / Reply / Reply With Quote.

I can't achieve the same effects using my favorite browser, SRWare Iron (stripped down Chrome) or Firefox after the server upgrade.

However, same as you, i can't format the text, use emoticons (actually can't just click to insert it but still can put some if you know its character sequence like this one ), attach pic, and so forth.

And be relax dude, except the correction about Son Wan Ho, the rest of my post is "an Appeal to ALL", not specifically directed to you no offense
    Last edited by kelana; 05-14-2014 at 06:16 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

missed to state earlier, using SRWare Iron (stripped down Chrome) and Firefox (and perhaps few other browsers, can't remember precisely, I can't even make a post here! Will have to resort to Chrome, the least like choice
    Last edited by kelana; 05-14-2014 at 06:54 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Right Click And Choose to open in NEW Tab/Wiindow to Edit/Reply/Reply With Quote

try using CHROME browser and RIGHT CLICK on the corresponding tab AND choose to open in NEW Tab/Window to enable the Edit / Reply / Reply With Quote.

Btw I learned this trick from a post by AlanY

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Calm down with the names. If anybody understands asian culture it's me. Living in china for the past 4 years. And guess what, if white people say/write their name wrong, they couldn't care less.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kelana View Post
    try using CHROME browser and RIGHT CLICK on the corresponding tab AND choose to open in NEW Tab/Window to enable the Edit / Reply / Reply With Quote.

Btw I learned this trick from a post by AlanY
    Thanks...:-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Badminton Association of India President, Akhilesh Das Gupta along with the Indian Contingent for the Uber Cup.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Videos from the Indian Camp Preparation

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged