All Countries Thomas/Uber Cup Players List

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2014' started by Mr. Epic, May 5, 2014.

1. Mr. Epic

Mr. Epic Regular Member

Student
    #1 Mr. Epic, May 5, 2014
    Last edited: May 5, 2014
  2. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

3. BadSupport

BadSupport Regular Member

Not sure with your list.. Like Zhang Nan in China and there is no Michelle Li in Canada team

4. Penwinack

Penwinack Regular Member

Why didn't Michelle Li poarticipate UC cannada team?So sad because canada will upset india or hongkong team.

5. TheComedian

TheComedian Regular Member

Badminton Player/Coach
    even with Michelle on their team, Canada wouldn't upset hong kong or India. India has a very strong woman's team and the number one singles player in hong kong would be out for revenge from the Macau open. Michelle would be put against Saina NEHWAL, you think Michelle can beat her? Olympic bronze medalist? I'm interested in Thomas Cup CHN vs INA. That match I think will be a thriller. Tommy has beaten Chen Long in straight games before, if he can do it again.... I cant wait to see it :)

6. BadSupport

BadSupport Regular Member

Both injury

7. TheComedian

Badminton Player/Coach
    both of their names are on the list. clearly they're planning on playing.

8. Mr. Epic

Mr. Epic Regular Member

Student
    Well Li Michelle has beaten the likes of Tai Tzu Ying recently and also gave tough fights to PV Sindhu and Ratchanok Intanon before eventually losing out to them. With Saina's loss of form, it would be a close match going in anyone's favor in my opinion.

9. Penwinack

Penwinack Regular Member

I think so and don't forget Michelle Li can play WD, she was 4th place in OG 2012.

10. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Still, Hong Kong team is not bad at all. Both singles and doubles have successful players.

11. TheComedian

Badminton Player/Coach
    Michelle beating Tai Tzu Ying was like Tian Houwei beating chong wei or Kevin Cordon beating Chen Long. it was a fluke. If either of these matches were to have a rematch... I'm sure chong wei would kick Tian's ass and I'm certain Chen long would make Kevin Cordon cry. Michelle was down in both sets. Tai Tzu Ying is very young and I THINK it was her first All England. She just didn't have the experience to close out the match. In the Chen long VS Kevin Cordon match, it was Chen Long's first World's. If Tai Tzu Ying played with Michelle Li again, I'm sure it would be a one sided affair. Talking about her getting 4th at the OG is a joke... She lost ALL of her group matches. she placed LAST before the other FOUR pairs were DQed.

12. TheComedian

Badminton Player/Coach
    PV beat Michelle 21-11, 21-15. that's not a fight. that's a very comfortable victory.

13. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yup, both teams will meet only in finale, classic rivalry :) The last meeting in 2010 Thomas Cup final was pretty one sided as China so powerful at that time.

14. Spicyfood

Spicyfood Regular Member

SN only won by default, because Wang Xin had to retire due to leg injury in the 2nd set and having won the 1st set.SN isnt what she used to be, and nowadays, anybody can beat her. ML is no slouch either and certainly showed it in the past weeks.

15. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Wang xin winning the first set does not mean she will win the second set also. And also she left the court when saina is ready to play the remaining and complete the match. It is ridiculous to say now that wang xin will win the match when she actually conceded without playing the remainder.

And regarding li michelle would have won tai or anybody else. But ciuld not do anything against saina or sindhu or even very weaker p.c.thulasi. she lost to p.c.thulasi of india in german open 2014. she is the 5th among the current indian WS according to BWF world rankings.

16. TheComedian

Badminton Player/Coach
    Right, and the first set couldn't have been any closer. 21-19. Michelle Li is no slouch? have you seen her play? it's like watching paint dry. she is SOO slow and has a ridiculously predictable playing style. She plays in slow motion. She wins on the principle of "never say die" (which is good). She is an annoying player. she a fighter, not a winner.

17. Spicyfood

Spicyfood Regular Member

Yes Ive seen ML play. Slow? Definitely not. And what's slow got to do with how good you play? You want someone slow? Try Sung Ji Hyun, yet she's in the top 6.Players losing to weaker ranked players happens all the time, especially in women singles. ML lost to Sindhu PV this year in 3 sets. So no she's no slouch.And for SN, apart from winning the India GPG this year, what other achievements has she done this year or 2013? Reaching the quaterfinals... For comparison sake, Sindhu PV plays much better this year than SN.So is it a stretch to think ML can beat SN? Definitely not.

18. Spicyfood

Spicyfood Regular Member

How come I can't make paragraphs? o.o

19. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Sindhu has beaten Li Michelle in 3 sets ?. please I ask you to check before giving statistics. She did not play li michelle this year first of all. And also , she lost to sindhu in 2 straight games that too very comfortbly. That happened to be in macau open finals last year. There is nothing to compare between saina and michelle. There is no chance at all to beat her . Li michelle lost to 5th ranked indian player recently in german open.

20. Mr. Epic

Mr. Epic Regular Member

Student
    I rather urge you to check the information you confidently claim to be giving out. PV Sindhu did play Michelle in the Swiss GPG and won in 3 sets. Besides, if the 5th ranked Indian WS player can beat Michelle, it means that the 5th ranked player's form is good. In no way does it imply that the SN can beat her too. SN was indeed good way back then but it's an inevitable fact that she's playing way below her best currently.