sydney stores

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by jeremy, Mar 11, 2004.

1. jeremy

jeremy Regular Member

human resource
    Anyone here from Sydney, Australia? I would really like to hear your advice on which store is it best to purchase yonex raquets. I'm interested on getting an MP99. So far the best price I've seen for this raquet is $209Au on a store in Castlereigh St. Any recommendations?

2. Pecheur

Pecheur Regular Member

That's not a bad price for MP99, unless you know the rep you're unlikely to get a better deal.

3. ayl

ayl Regular Member

Professional procrastinator
    Rumor has it someone here in VIC can get MP99AS for $169, no string. Wonder who that is...? ;)

4. jeremy

jeremy Regular Member

human resource
    thanks

Thank you for your reply mates' i'll just probably get the MP99 in sydney soon. Pretty nice getting an Mp99 racquet with the AS serial. "my yellow kangaroo racquet"! :D

5. tk009

tk009 Regular Member

Supposedly at uni studying
    While we are at it, I might as well ask do any of you guys know off any good racquet dealers in SA (South Australia), preferably in the city because the best place I can find is Rowe and Jarmen where they have the best selection out off all the places Ive been to, but charge rip off prices. :mad: Seriously thinking about buying that Carbonex8200 Light for a $100AUS (been without a racquet for a week and a half and getting desperate :()

Thanks

6. tk009

tk009 Regular Member

Actually if you guys know where I can get a cab20, cab22, or cab8 Ti that would be appreciated (Rowe and Jarmen are selling a dodgy cab8 thats all hacked up so dont mention that if you have seen it)

Thanks again

7. ayl

ayl Regular Member

G'day,

I can see if my supplier can get you a Cab 8Ti, Cab20 or Cab22. But they will all be SP rackets, not AS type. So if you break it, Yonex Oz won't bother to be nice with you.

By the way, Adelaide isn't such a bad city is it? ;)

8. tk009

tk009 Regular Member

Thanks Ayl :D but whats the difference between SP and AS? Im still learning about this racquet stuff. As for Adelaide.... great place to grow up I guess, but not much to do apart from badminton :p

Thanks again ;)

9. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Wow! For a low-end CAB, it's pretty pricy:(. CAB8200Light retails at only CAN$40-$60 in Canada. You might wanna check online for better bargain.

10. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    also, you might want to hold off on getting a Cab22 ... it's a DIFFICULT racket to use, and put you off to begin with.

It's wonderful as a backup racket for your "ON" days.

-dave

11. Pecheur

Pecheur Regular Member

Cab 8200 Light is a great racquet and IMO the best value racquet in the Yonex range (that I've tried), but not for $100 :p If I was struggling (well more struggling than now ;)) for cash i'd probably own two of them since you should be able to get them for $70 AU or less if you now the right people.

Unfortunately you're in SA so I can't help you find the right people, come to Melbourne and Ayl can hook you up ;)

12. ayl

ayl Regular Member

Rackets with AS engraving are covered by Yonex Australia with warrantees. SP is covered by Yonex South Pacific. If you break a Yonex racket here, they will only look at it if your racket is AS type.

Spoke to my supplier and there's good chance to he can get you a Cab 20 but as for Cab 22 or Cab 8Ti, it will be like trying to win a lottery. :)

13. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Exactly, Cab22 is not very user-friendly to new people. It's just way too stiff ( I would say it's about the same level as Ti10), and if you are new to badminton, you should use something that is more easy/flexible as your racket.

I guess I have won the lottery then :cool:
    Cab20 is easy to get at SP region (or IP region) since they still have new ones.

14. tk009

tk009 Regular Member

Well in that case I won the Lottery and then lost the ticket because I broke my Cab8 Ti in two :( (sob). Anyway Ive decided to take your advice and I will refrain from getting ripped off (Just for the record I knew they were selling rip off prices, they were selling a MP99 for $340AUS and as far as I know they are the only people selling MP## in SA) Ill probably go and check Sports Power again I havent been there in a year, last time I checked they were selling the $20 variety :( maybe they got some new ones but some how I doubt it.

Anyway enough about the local baddy racquet supply, can I have someone's opinon about racquets. Im thinking of getting 1 of 3 racquets (2 if I manage to save up) they are; Cab22, Cab20, or a MP88. My last racquet was a Cab8 Ti and Ive never used a racquet with a Isometric head. I also dont mind if the Cab22 causes me alot of grief I dont mind a good challenge, all the racquets Ive ever used have caused me and my partners more than enough grief :rolleyes: so it wont stop me playing :D .

Thanks for your advice :)

15. ayl

ayl Regular Member

Catch a train and come visit me. You can have a go at my rackets and try before you buy. Only racket I don't own is MP88. Bluejeff is right - you don't want to mess about with a Cab22 unless you're dedicated. I can use every racket (inc. Ti-10) but I still can't get the most out of a Cab22.

You can get a MP99 from Sportsmart for $249 with BG65 strings. $340 is way too much for a 2 year old racket. :rolleyes:

16. tk009

tk009 Regular Member

:rolleyes: hmm I might just do that Ayl thanks for the offer again, Ive been promising to visit a friend in Melbourne for years so there is another reason for me to go assuming Uni doesnt decide to dump a truck load of homework on me (yes I know but Uni does do evil things like that on your break). But that is months away and I need something to hit with in the mean time (heck Im planning on joining the Uni baddy club this Saturday if competition hasnt started yet :) I think its time for me to start getting a bit of formal training and matches :rolleyes:) Looks like no Cab22 for me... yet ;) I might go and get that MP88 BlueFishy is selling sounds like its in good nic, but need to see pics first :D

Thanks again

17. libra

libra Regular Member

Re: Re: sydney stores

I think for MP99 you can bargain for $190 from the 'Love All Tennis Shop' in Macquarie Shopping Centre. Yonex strings included.

I forget the name of the boss and while I don't think he knows as much about badminton as he thinks he does he does give pretty good deals on badminton rackets.

18. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Maybe only grown up badminton players can use cab22...!! :p :D

19. ayl

ayl Regular Member

No wrong there. Last night when I used my Cab22 again broke the string on the first smash! :rolleyes:

20. tk009

tk009 Regular Member

:( Dang! Bad luck man about those strings. Libra is the 'Love All Tennis Shop' in Macquarie Shopping Centre in South Australia? I cant exactly drive interstate when I feel like it :( well I might if I could if i could drive at 200kmph with no cops, lights, and traffic but as it stands I cant.

Maybe when they invent flying cars I can go drive interstate =D :D