Strings for my Yonex Voltric 5? (Head Heavy)

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Strivous, May 13, 2014.

1. Strivous

Strivous New Member

Hello everyone, I bought a Yonex Voltric 5 not too long ago. The racquet performs great and performs very well. But what I noticed is that all through the hitting power of the stock strings are good enough(E.x. Smashes), they feel like they don't have enough control. What string would you guys reccomend to increase the power and control? I've been looking at the Nanogy 98 and Nanogy 99. Any other strings you guys would recommend?

2. Shenvi

Shenvi Regular Member

Badminton animal
    Hi, I would say that one of the reason that make it hard to control is that the stock string is in low tension: easy power but lack of control. You can always change it to another string, it doesn't matter if there is the word "control" written on the string or not, string it it ~24 lbs of tension is good enough, you will find out your "dream string" later after a few try :D---The other reason should be the head heavy racket it self is hard to control (it should be considered to adjust your timing if you just change to a head heavy racket from a balance or head light) :p---The last thing is that you should especially pay attention the the string thickness, thicker strings tend to provide more control as the lacking of repulsion, thinner strings are designed for more power yet easy to be broken on high tension :D---Well good luck~ :D---Here for more information :phttp://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/12569-let-s-together-answer-what-is-the-ideal-tension