BG65 String

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by armadasaxon, May 14, 2014.

1. armadasaxon

armadasaxon Regular Member

Hi,Im using bg 65 string with 25 tension and fleet raket around rm150.Found that the whenever do a smash,it seems that the ball travels slow ..also when hitting the ball, the max it goes is to the centre court.However, I tried another ciplak and abit heavier yonex raket,i manage to hit the ball right to the end of the court..also smahes are much more speedy.So I asked a more pro person to try the fleet raket,the results are the same..What should I do?..Go for higher tension or change strings?

2. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    First of all it's not a ball it's a shuttle... Second if all, a head heavier racquet will produce a better smash because of all the weight that is transferred to the shuttle. Lower your tension is what I say, also make sure you're hitting the sweet spot consistently.

3. visor

visor Regular Member

In Chinese language, the shuttle is referred to as "chiu" in Mandarin or "kau" in Cantonese, which is the ball.

What level of play are you? If beginner, you should probably try head heavier rackets. If intermediate, try higher tension like bg65 at 28 lbs. Or bg66um at 26 lbs.

4. armadasaxon

ok,will give it a try for bg66um..thanks very much for explaining.

5. Porky

Porky Regular Member

U should ask the other guy who borrowed u the racquet what string and tension he using...then u can roughly deduce what is the factor affecting your racquet

6. armadasaxon

It is the default string of a common cheap yonex racquet..no offense on saying yonex cheap

7. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Your friends racket will be a tension of about 18lbs then. If you are at 25lbs that maybe your problem especially if you are hitting off centre. Drop your tension right down to 20lbs or less.