Second Wind = A gift for mentally strong players (Or is it?)

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Deep Hyde, May 15, 2014.

1. Deep Hyde

Deep Hyde Regular Member

High school student
    I've experienced this when you push yourself to you maximum ignoring your exhaustion further and further and there comes an amazing lump of energy from nowhere (I just love that feeling when that happens) But recently, I've been experimenting on my limits and what i found was rather wierd and made me go (o_O) Whenever I do heavy exercises and rest for 10 mins, I find my body pumping so much energy to go at it and i find myself winning against better players (I always play the traditional 21 points - 3 sets way, and I'm surprised to do that much after so much of my energy burnt on exercises. Am i getting a second second wind? o_O). With mild exercises, i just get tired super fast, and I've got to play a lot to get the whiff of that newfound energy. Has anyone experienced this? (And btw i can't reply cuz the text box doesn't appear.)

2. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    YES IVE EXPERIENCED THIS! When I play tough opponents like 21 three sets, I win a set than the other person wins the other set, I get some weird energy for a short period of time haha :) I have an 11 hour session tomorrow so LOL & also play almost every single day for 5 hours

3. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

When the game is really fast and you're really into it, the adrenaline makes you forget your tiredness. I've experienced this myself, as well. ;)

4. Deep Hyde

Deep Hyde Regular Member

High school student
  5. dontmakeme

dontmakeme Regular Member

student
    This got me addicted to badminton.

6. Steve the noob

Steve the noob Regular Member

I haven't had the pleasure of getting this feeling in badminton. However last week during the SportingLife 10k here in Toronto, I think something like that happened. I ran the first 5k, then walked 100m, then ran the next 900m. This repeated until the 8km mark, where I thought I was about to begin walking from exhaustion, where suddenly I was moving faster and my legs felt lighter. I was able to run the last 2km upping my pace and not stopping. It's hard to explain the feeling itself, and I'm not sure exactly myself how it felt.

7. Shenvi

Shenvi Regular Member

Badminton animal
    Experienced, I love the feeling of it so much. Especially in good single matches, I've got addicted to it I think haha :D --- Yet I cannot keep my self running for more than 5 minutes out side the court :p

8. alien9113

alien9113 Regular Member

I experienced it quite a few times, especially when I am being pushed to the limits and ran out of ideas.

When I get it, I would suddenly have ideas on how to play and play like I am fresh from a rest.

9. Unleash

Unleash Regular Member

Mind over body is something which is a double edge sword, your body may not be able to hold on for too long in some instance... Rmb to breath! lol...

10. Shenvi

Shenvi Regular Member

Badminton animal
    Yeah, you are right. I experienced once that I felt my knee had been so heavy after a dive, but not until after the drop-in section that I realized I could not walk home myself :p

11. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    have only experienced it on a treadmill running the last mile in one hr....it's weird.

12. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    It's a great feel during singles ☺️

13. Shenvi

Shenvi Regular Member

Badminton animal
    I experienced another 6 hours badminton day just now, you guys who haven't try it yet should really go for it once :p