User Tag List

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by goku999 View Post
    Taken from: http://bwfbadminton.org/news_item.aspx?id=85879

"In recent years, the increasing time span of matches and long lead-up to the end of games and matches...has somewhat compromised the level of excitement".
    I really need some the stuff they are smoking

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BWF, why not change it to 1 point per set and 21 sets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    BWF, why not change it to 1 point per set and 21 sets
    Then the players will have to change sides after every point to maintain the notion of a break/interval. I guess the winner will be the one who wins 11 sets first.

Ladies and gentlemen, on my right (player 1), and on my left (player 2). (Player 1) to serve, love-all, play!
    [rally]
    Game. First game won by (player 1).
    [change ends]
    Court x, 20 seconds. Court x, 20 seconds.
    Second game, love-all, play.
    20th game won by ...
    Final game, love-match point-all, play.
    [rally]
    Game. Match won by (player 1) 1-0 0-1 1-0 0-1 ... (full score announcement) ... 1-0.

That's for singles, I won't even dare to imagine what a doubles match would become...
    Last edited by liiil; 07-08-2014 at 04:08 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alien9113 View Post
    Only if you're reading between the lines pessimistically. In that article, as in its press releases, the BWF is saying they are still looking for feedback and that they are going to test the 5x11 first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 consecutive points to win a game.
    3 games to win a set.
    3 sets to win a match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its NOT my idea. read it off somewhere. with this system, it overcomes a big gripe of mine - losing a match on my serve wth the present rally 3x21. i presume its 3/5 games for a set; a 3/5 sets for a match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching numerous matches in the CW Games has only convinced me more that 5 x 11 will be way better than 3 x 21. Table tennis went this way and I can only see it being good for badminton. But I wonder what local league clubs will do in non-match club nights. Will these single games be to 11 points also, meaning a quicker turnaround of court time?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dimo View Post
    Watching numerous matches in the CW Games has only convinced me more that 5 x 11 will be way better than 3 x 21. Table tennis went this way and I can only see it being good for badminton. But I wonder what local league clubs will do in non-match club nights. Will these single games be to 11 points also, meaning a quicker turnaround of court time?
    why 11? why not 10? it's more fair. you play 5 here and 5 there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dimo View Post
    Why? Personally I really like the 3x21 system. It gets more exciting when the match/game reaches a deuce.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in the minority as I would like to see the 5x11 format. Excited to see it introduced soon and how the games play out. No doubt, the deuce factor does make it very exciting but is not common. I don't forget that it is balanced by many 21-12, 21-14 large gap games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Official BWF news release about the testing of the new 5x11 scoring system: http://www.bwfbadminton.org/news_item.aspx?id=85879

The first event using the system will be the Astec Indonesia Int'l Challenge 2014 (12 -16 Aug.).

There will be online poll for fans to vote and to chime in on the new scoring system.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The list of tournaments testing the new scoring system:

http://www.bwfbadminton.org/file.aspx?id=570497&dl=1

No tournaments will be broadcasted on YouTube though. The highest ranking tournament that will be testing it will be the 2014 Dutch Open Grand Prix.

There was already an online poll from BWF asking about what we thought about the system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by event View Post
    Only if you're reading between the lines pessimistically. In that article, as in its press releases, the BWF is saying they are still looking for feedback and that they are going to test the 5x11 first.
    Event,
    Did the Korean team try out the 5x11 system? How many of us had try it? I did several weeks ago and it was challenging.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.badzine.net/news/new-scor...il-open/31830/

New scoring system gets first try out in Brazil Open
    BY RAPHAEL SACHETAT – – AUGUST 6, 2014

The first day of the Brazil Open Grand Prix featured the potential new scoring system. 15 matches were played for the qualification round with the best of 5 games to 11 points. The shortest match was 13 minutes and the longest 31 minutes – a clear change from a regular tournament with the current scoring system. The average length of matches was about 20 minutes.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.badzine.net/news/no-globa...m-trial/31267/

No global coverage for scoring system trial?
    BY DON HEARN – – JULY 2, 2014POSTED IN: NEWS

The Badminton World Federation (BWF) released a list of tournaments that will be testing the 511-point scoring system and one thing that stands out is that only one Grand Prix event, the 2014 Dutch Open is included. As only events up to Grand Prix Gold level are eligible to participate in the trial, only two events expected to feature on the BWF’s Youtube channel – the Indonesia Grand Prix Gold and the Bitburger Open – fall within the August 1st – November 1st trial period and neither is on the list of tournaments trying out the proposed system. This means that apart from players and officials, only fans who can attend one of the affected tournaments in person or who are lucky enough to enjoy local or regional television coverage will get the chance to make their own assessments of the proposed system as it plays out with world class players.

The good news is that the 31 participating tournaments span 6 continents; furthermore, streamed coverage for two of the highest-profile events in the trial should be available for all viewers with access to Badminton Europe’s online streaming service.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post

...The shortest match was 13 minutes and the longest 31 minutes a clear change from a regular tournament with the current scoring system. The average length of matches was about 20 minutes.
    This is ridiculous...

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast