User Tag List

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by opikbidin View Post
    the first set isn't too interesting, as it's more of a warming up and there are some players that make too much errors at the 1st set or have a slow start. but with 5 sets, it gives a room for improvement over the game. there are games where a player that easily lost the 1st and 2nd set fight back, some can win and others can at least drag on the game to the 5th set.

it's a new system so I think the players should get used to it.

I don't think it;s better or worse. it's still new, and I think it's pretty similar to the old 21 scoring system. Maybe the difference is the time is much better controlled, as it rarely drags on to beyond 1 hour.

and I think the time is the problem. maybe 11 points are too fast, and because there are no deuce, it is even faster. maybe there should be a deuce system or prolong the scores to 13-15. with the 11 score right now, it really gives the edge to fast and "not so many errors" players. defensive and slow starters aren't favored.

but maybe that's interesting, as we will see more fast and speedy games. where the players continuously attack each other rather than just be defensive.
    Warming up before the match starts will be critical. We have some local competitions in HK where it is only one game to 21 points! Essential to start off fast.

I like defensive play. I feel it adds an extra dimension to the game; something more to analyse and discuss i.e. variation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CantSmashThis View Post
    "In recent years, the increasing time span of matches and long lead-up to the end of games and matches - especially where there's a big points difference has somewhat compromised the level of excitement.

The 5x11 scoring system is aimed at creating more excitement and interest while reducing the time which matches take to be completed."

Hm, usually I am good coming out of the gate but bad at finishing, I wonder if this scoring system will help me a bit if I can capitalize early games in such cases and hope to put more pressure on and possibly take another set afterwards.
    It's more balanced than the 21 score system. You may capitalize early in the 5x11, but you also must somewhat maintain some consistency. And for finisher and slow start type it also gives room for improving the game.

I saw a match where the 1st set is 11-1, and it seems the 1st set winner can win easily, but the opponent can fight back. And I think contrary to the initial assumption, even if you lose 2 early sets, you can still fight for a comeback if your level is similar to your opponent (I'm not talking about bullying the weak)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Badzine Editorial – Why I think it’s time for a change in scoring system

http://www.badzine.net/features/edit...-system/31279/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when will the decision be anounced?

any chance the old counting will be kept? i have got the feeling that the new system will be introduced anyway...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please keep the old scoring!! Please!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are only in the infancy of experimenting with the scoring in level 3 and 4 tournaments. My guess is if BWF decides to change, it will change sometime next year. Introducing it at the Olympics in 2016 without a track record would be very bad for the sport.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMadness View Post
    Please keep the old scoring!! Please!
    Never did I imagine that the 21 rally-point would be called "old"...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have no time for mistakes at all..

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11