Carlton Ignite Power

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by AidenWrenPierce, May 22, 2014.

1. AidenWrenPierce

AidenWrenPierce Regular Member

Hi guys
    I have a Carlton Ignite Power which I got my coach to restsring my racket at 25lbs with NBG98. It says that its max string tension is 28lbs, I want to string it at 28lbs but at I think it is warping the frame because at the top there is a little dent type shape thing, is that the frame being warped. Can the frame take 28lbs eventhough it is a cheap racket, it cost me £14.99 in Sportsdirect.
    Cheers in advence

2. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I wouldn't string the racket any tighter than 25lbs, I have had 4 similar Carlton rackets strung for my friends at 26lbs and 2 of the rackets broke.

3. AidenWrenPierce

Ok cool, why does the frame say it can take 28lbs, its a graphite frame, if strung by a professional could it not take 30lbs, I saw that a thread about all graphite frames can take 30lbs if strung by a very very good stringer??
    Is this Correct??

4. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I don't know why it says 28lbs. My stringer has never broken any other rackets I have given him other than those 2.

5. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    I've had a few of the Max 28lb racquets recently and they've all taken 29lb. The frames were quite strong, perhaps there were cracks or our stringer may be a little negligent.

6. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Maybe it was just a bad batch of rackets but I just thought it was worth mentioning although at £15 each I expect you don't mind too much if it brakes.

7. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    Is the invite blue? I did 2 of those and a couple of extreme excel ones.

8. AidenWrenPierce

No its grey, if would be kinda gutted if it broke coz its the only head heavy racket I have, my other racket it a nanoray 10 which I let my friend use coz I don't like it. I only got it because I had broken my karakal sl70 and I needed a racket cheap and quick before a tournament. Im 16 and my parents don't really like me spending money on the sport, its very difficult to get a restring because they say "its pointless, it has strings" they don't inderstand I love high string tensions. I would be very gutted if my Ignite Power broke because I get on well with it. Sorry about the image quality, I tried to get the text that said "max string Tension 28lbs" but I couldn't focus the camera. IMAG0020.jpg IMAG0021.jpg

9. AidenWrenPierce

Ok guys, my friend got a VT5 and he didn't like it but he liked my Nanoray so we swapped. What do you say the max string tension is on that?? Could it take 27/28lbs??

10. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional

cool snoopy bedsheets!!!

11. AidenWrenPierce

12. emjay

emjay Regular Member

IT minion
    I've strung a few different Carlton rackets which were rated upto 28lb - even though the highest I've done was 26lb, they all felt very solid and capable of taking more tension.

Where is the dent? I can't really tell from the photos. If it's on the inside of the frame it could be from the mounts if your stringer doesn't use a load spreader.