How much does string change Balance Point?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by zhuangcorp, May 23, 2014.

1. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

About how much would stringing the racket change the balance point?

For example, if you have a normally weight (86-89g) racket unstrung balance point of 290. After stringing the racket, how much would the balance point change?

If you have a strung racket of balance point 295, what do you think the unstrung balance point would be?

2. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

I've done this before, and there are various variables that needs to be taken into your consideration, among others, the stringing method, string diameter, overgrip, continuous grommet, etc. For instance, let me share with my MX-90

Original BP (unstrung) = 295 mm

Removing original grip = 325 mm

YY Nanogy 99 (.69mm) with 4-Knots stringing @26/28 Lbs = 334 mm <--- this is the answer to your query.

1 layer of overgrip of YY AC-143 = 319 mm <-- final BP

Nevertheless, after learning from several tech discussion in this forum, I am of the opinion that Swing-Weight would be more important rather than static BP.

IMHO

3. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

So stringing your racket changed your BP by 9mm? That seems quite a lot to me!

I just bought a new Lethal 70, but the strung balance point is only 295mm (with the original grip, no overgrip).

I'm concerned that its not as head-heavy as it should be. The listed balance point is 290.

But if your research is accurate, maybe the unstrung balance point of my racket is only 286mm

4. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

Please note that the measurement was based on the facts of (A) 0.69 mm string, and (B) 4 knots stringing method, and (C) using Yonex digital stringing machine.

You should've also considered these factors in your Lethal 70. IMHO

Btw, remove your original grip, and see how much the BP would increase. I believe it will increase a lot. :)