Goh V Shem/Tan Wee Kiong

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by xsakurax, May 25, 2014.

1. xsakurax

xsakurax Regular Member

I guess they deserve a thread. They played so well in this Thomas Cup~
    I thought they were going to lose when they lost Game 1 after leading a head of the Japanese.
    I'm glad they won & make the final TC more interesting.

#1 xsakurax, May 25, 2014
    Last edited: May 25, 2014
  2. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

They are the Goh V Shem-Lim Khim Wah pair minus service errors. I would definitely pair them up after World Championships, I believe this is one of the best few combinations that Malaysia can offer at the moment, besides maybe GVS-TBH or TBH-TWK. TBH-TWK did not play well against Germany though.

3. xsakurax

xsakurax Regular Member

Too bad that they are not able to participate in this year World Championship.
    They may create some upset & have a higher possibility to win than Goh V Shem/Lim Khim Wah pair.

4. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Very exciting pair to watch.

5. Ython

Ython Regular Member

Hope BAM can maintain their partnership till 2016 Rio.

6. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

hope they can be like long time Choong Tan Fook & Lee Wan Wah...

7. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    too early to tell if they are a formidable pair, a new pairing which opponents has not dissect their weaknesses yet. China has produce many pairs that dont last long and the most recent one should be lee young dae & ko shyung yong....

8. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

Err... But they are Korean

9. Zoidius

Zoidius Regular Member

Just watched commonwealth final, impressed by Goh V Shem's attacking play and effortless power from the back. It was like night and day compared with the English attack, they just couldn't hit through the Malaysian defense.

Well played Goh and Tan!

10. mcchooi

mcchooi Regular Member

they displayed particularly strong defence and perhaps even more importantly, they have their own weapons too. GVS has a big smash and TWK controls the net well (though there's still room for improvement compared to KKK in his heyday)

saw them play live at CWG and i am pretty excited about this pair, GVS in particular! an abundance of talent!

11. visor

visor Regular Member

Isn't there talk of BAM planning on forming a long term pair with Goh and Tan Boon Heong, with a view towards the OG 2016?

12. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Congratulations to them for winning the gold medal at the Commonwealth Games. Nevertheless, still a long way to go before becoming a top pair - they first have to reduce their mistakes and lack of focus at parts of the game.

13. bayanbaru

bayanbaru Regular Member

awesome pair

14. rem129

rem129 Regular Member

student
  15. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Well I just want to say that I am proud of this two players especially goh v shem as I can see that he has a bright future un badminton. However, constant injuries have hampered him from performing well in tournaments but it is okay. Although I am a Korean, I just want to let you all know that I will always continue to support both of you and I sincerely hope you will be able to play on forever and win more gold medals and titles for your country. Both if you have a bright future ahead and I believe goh v shem is the future replacement for tan boon heong. Good luck to both of you.

16. blabl

blabl Regular Member

17. blabl

blabl Regular Member

clarification here

Yes it is true that initially there is such a plan to pair up goh v shem and tan boon heong but both of them are great smashers so there is no point of putting 2 great smashers together. Another thing is the age gap factor. You know both goh v shem and tan wee kiong is born in the same year with the same birthday of course. One is in 20 May the other one is on 21 May. As for tan boon heong he is 3 years older than them. I hope that will explain everything. I personally think that both goh v shem and tan wee kiong are great partners together. They just need to play more together. Anyway goh v shem himself prefers to partner tan wee kiong than Lim khim wah. Anyway I just cannot wait to see goh v shem in action again with tan wee kiong. Recently goh v shem is constantly injured but he still plays in tournaments despite his serious knee injury. Lets pray and hope that goh v shem will be free of injury this year. Even his new partner tan wee kiong is also worried about his frequent injury.

18. blabl

blabl Regular Member

hardworking players

I heard that both these 2 players are really working hard to improve on their performance on court. Then I read from the online website that tan wee kiong didn't go back to sabah to celebrate his new year but instead on the Friday he already visited the gym to improve his stamina and started preparing for the all England tournament. Wow both if them even skipped the yonex German open to prepare for this all England tournament. However, I also read that they will face Lee Yong dae / yoo yeon seong in the second round of the tournament which will be tough. We all know that Lee Yong dae / yoo yeon seong is currently ranked no 1 in the world. Well, anybody has any in for about this 2 players here. I heard that both of them are great men doubles from Malaysia and has the potential to go far but other than that I know nothing much about them. Anyway can anybody give me some updates about this 2 players here? I thought the legend of badminton in men doubles have always been tan boon heong in Malaysia?

19. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Hi anyone with latest news about Goh V Shem / Tan Wee Kiong? can someone provide the latest news or updates about Goh V Shem / Tan Wee Kiong here? This thread seems a bit outdated with no latest news about them. Are they currently the best players in Malaysia?

20. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

they're about to play All-England this week, with newly-sponsored Victor equipments...