Yonex Tri Voltage System??

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by AidenWrenPierce, May 25, 2014.

1. AidenWrenPierce

AidenWrenPierce Regular Member

Hi guys,

So, Yonex advertise there Tri Voltage System on every voltric racket, they say your get the power of a Head Heavy Racket (which the VT series are) with the manoverabiliy of a head light racket. So what I am wondering is how does the tri voltage system work, just how can Yonex make a head heavy racket as responsive as a Head Light.
    Is there anybody who knows what the Tri Voltage System is made of and how it works??

Cheers

2. decoy

decoy Regular Member

With the voltric 70 (the first voltric) it was very obvious to the eye that three parts on the head were thicker than the rest. I believe what they did was added tungsten to the 6 o'clock, 10 oclock, and 2 o'clock. I'm sure about the position but unsure if it was tungsten or not.

Anyway the desired effect of this was that the thicker parts would add strength and stability to the frame (also weight). To counter act this they made the rest of the racquet thiner and therefore more agile (like a headlight).

With the newer voltrics it gets less and less prominent though in my experience. He voltric 80 you could feel with your hand where the bumps were. The voltric z force 1 you could also feel the bumps but you had to know where to look. Based on that I think they realized that they could just make the frames a uniform width and make it as thin as the possibly could to achieve the desired results. In short I'm not sure they even really use this technique much in the new voltrics.

3. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    It feels very much like a light racquet with lead tape to me, as opposed to my BS10 which feels all over heavy.