Joachim Fischer Nielsen

Discussion in 'Denmark Professional Players' started by demolidor, May 26, 2014.

1. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Long overdue ;)

[​IMG]

Profile of the day: Joachim Fischer Nielsen

Date: 7/12/2011 12:00 AM

Published by : Anders Dall

Joachim Fischer Nielsen
    • Date of Birth: 23.11.1978
    • Place of Birth: Gentofte
    • Place of residence: Hellerup
    • Right/Left hand: Left
    • Height: 188 cm
    • Weight: 77 kg
    • Event: Mixed double with Christinna Pedersen
    Started badminton at age: seven
    How I got started: My parents played badminton once a week, and one day I wanted to play with them. It was easy for me to play and I enjoyed it so much that I began to play in Charlottenlund Badminton Klub when I was seven years old.
    Current ranking: http://www.bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=14955
    Best results: Winner of Denmark Open Super Series 2008 & 2009, Super Series Finals 2009, Hong Kong Open Super Series 2010, Bronze medal at the World Championship in 2009, Silver medal at Sudirman Cup 2011.
    Sponsors: Yonex (at time of writing; Babolat since Q4 2012)

Short portrait:
    As a person: I see myself as an entertaining and funny person and if you ask my friends they would say the same. Not too long ago I got a son (2 y.o.) and with him around I guess I am a bit more down to earth.
    Favorite holiday destination: Malaysia
    Favorite movie: Deuce Bigalow
    Other interests besides (your) sport: trotting races and football
    Work: through temp agency at residential institution; starting work at local high school after the summer

As a player: I play with my emotions and temper and everybody can see if I am winning or losing. I believe I have smashed my part of rackets but over the years I have learned to use my temper in a positive way.
    What makes you one of the best in your sport: I am very determined in my training and want to be the best of the world in my sport.

Ambitions with the sport: My goal is to win a medal at the World Championship that is coming up and to get an olympic medal too.

Other performances:
    Winner of Denmark Open 2008,2009
    Winner of Swiss Open Grand Prix Gold 2011
    Winner European Team Championship 2011
    Semi finalist Malaysia Open Super Series 2011
    Semi finalist Japan Open Super Series 2010
    Finalist Japan Open Super Series 2009
    Semi finalist Indonesia Super Series 2009
    Semi finalist Malaysia Super Series 2009
    Winner European Team Championship 2009
    Winner Dutch Open 2008
    Winner Bitburger Open 2008

http://www.badminton.dk/cms/default.aspx?clubid=3547&m=225910&cmsid=132&pageid=1997
    http://www.badminton.dk/cms/?cmsid=132&pageid=8230

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Just so I could post:

[video=youtube_share;qXbgVZhSVI8]http://youtu.be/qXbgVZhSVI8[/video]

3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    In my book, he is one of the greatest XD players ever.

4. azrenth

azrenth Regular Member

student
    hm,i see in IBL that joachim mix with ashwini ponnappa.. did the are a couple? 0.0

5. nthanhhai

nthanhhai Regular Member

36 y.o and still playing well.

@azrenth In IBL, those clubs bid for foreigner players and not a pair. I also saw Markis Kido played with someone not his usual partner (sorry I forgot his name)

#5 nthanhhai, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  6. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    Apparently JFN/CP will split up...

7. Dangho

Dangho Regular Member

Is he going to retire after the olympics? At 38 years of age I think it's unlikely that he will continue. Unless he wants to follow the footsteps of Mateusiak whos still doing quite well at 40 years of age :p

8. GingerCorslette

GingerCorslette Regular Member

Anyone else notice that most of the time he has a double action on his serve?

9. visor

visor Regular Member

GingerCorslette likes this.
  10. FeatherBlaster

FeatherBlaster Regular Member

Good and bad news on Fischer:

His ancle surgery was very successful, and doctors said that he would expect 3 weeks in plaster then another 3 weeks in a special hard boot, then he could start his physical recovery training and expect to play again 4 months after the injury.

Fischer himself was optimistic after these news, and he was confident that he would be able to work hard with the recovery and back on court in a record 3 months.

However, the Danish federation announced today, that they no longer see Fischer as a medal contender for OG 2020, so they are breaking up the XD pair.

They will still support Fischer and keep him in the squad, to pair him up with a younger player, and try to use him for "knowledge transfer".

7 year younger Christinna Pedersen will initially be paired with Mathias Kristiansen.

The federation stressed that this decision was made before the WC, and they know it is tough news for Fischer, in light of his unfortunate injury.

Cheers,
    FB

11. FeatherBlaster

In fact they have also paired Line Kjærsfeldt with Anders Skaarup Rasmussen. Most Danish fans have hoped to see LK move into XD, where she has a very high potential. The consensus seems to be, that she will not be able to reach top 5 in singles, and thus may be wasting her XD chances in pursuit of the coveted singles success.

I don't know if LK herself is ready to ditch the singles career in hunt for XD fame.

Cheers,
    FB

samkool and Cheung like this.
  12. visor

visor Regular Member

What kind of injury was it? I watched the match, looked like he kinda stumbled a bit, but didn't look that serious. Perhaps it was pre-existing and he aggravated it?

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

13. FeatherBlaster

He broke his ancle!

Cheers,
    FB

14. visor

visor Regular Member

Really? I watched the match. Really it didn't look like he twisted it or landed hard...

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

Rob3rt likes this.
  15. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    morten frost once said the same thing, that she should switch to XD instead

16. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

17. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    impossible, since she's already entered.

18. Master

Master Regular Member

Joachim Fischer's first comeback happened when he had just played MD with Frederik Colberg at FZ Forza/RSL DM 2018
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...2C307E6-876F-4F27-B463-EEC922E37944&player=89

His next tournaments are German Open & All England with his new XD partner, Alexandra Boje.

N.B: What does the DM stand for? Is it "danmarksmestre"? As far as I know this event as a Denmark National Championships.

19. Hassefar60

Hassefar60 Regular Member

20. Master

Master Regular Member

Joachim Fisher will leave the national team on March 01, 2019.

Joachim Fischer stops at Badminton Denmark's elite center

[​IMG]

Joachim Fischer stops at the National Elite Training Center in Brøndby on March 1, 2019. It tells Badminton Denmark sports director, Jens Meibom.

"We have been extremely pleased to have Joachim (Fischer, Red.) on the Elite Program for almost 20 years, and he has done a lot of Danish badminton with medals for the Olympics, the World Cup and the European Championship. He can really be proud of what he has achieved in his career", says Jens Meibom and continues.

"But everything is over and the time has come, where we can no longer offer Fischer a seat at the elite center, as we do not see Fischer as a realistic medal candidate in the future. We have been very pleased that Fischer - after his foot injury - made himself available for a young player, but we think Alexandra Bøje must now have another partner in order to continue his positive development."

"Fischer has always been a guilty of good entertainment on the pitch, and he has a huge fancier. Fortunately, they are happy that Fischer continues to play at club level at least the season", says Jens Meibom.

Fischer has since his comeback after his broken ankle at the World Cup 2017 played mixed doubles with 18-year-old Alexandra Bøje. Their best result is a 2nd round at Indonesia Open. Who the Højbjerg player will play along with ahead will be offended this afternoon.

The Skovshoved player had hoped for a steeper development curve after his comeback.

"It is clear that I had believed and hoped that Alexandras and my mix doubled would have done better than the case is. I had a hope and a dream of standing on the podium again and we have been struggling to make it happen, but unfortunately we did not succeed. So I'm a little bit sad that it should end like this, but conversely I'm not surprised at the federal decision and we had a good talk about things. Even though it is strange that it is over, I will look back on my elite center with joy. I have had many wonderful experiences and worked with many fantastic people - both players and coaches - I am grateful for that", says Joachim Fischer.

Joachim Fischer's great achievements over time include the World Cup Bronze in 2009 and 2014 with Christina Pedersen. The two also won the Olympic Bronze in 2012. He became European champion in 2015 and 2016, and then he won no less than 13 Superseries tournaments (current World Tour tournaments) where Danisa Denmark Open presented by Victor became the first and last win in 2008 and 2016 respectively.

On Sunday, October 21, 2018, Joachim Fischer received Badminton Denmark's winning sign for his great effort and great results for Danish badminton.

Joachim Fischer will continue training at the elite center in Brøndby until 1 March 2019.

[Translated from the Original Source]