Advice Wanted: Badminton Portable Net + Equipment

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Kυηovυ, May 26, 2014.

1. Kυηovυ

Kυηovυ New Member

Graphic Designer
    Hi BadmintonCentral!

I only just found this forum today, and I can tell that you all are so knowledgeable!

My Skill Level: In short, I am a total amateur! I played badminton when I was a student at my University. That was a few years ago. I was maybe #2 skill level in my Badminton class of about 25. That isn't saying much since we were all in the class just to learn.

My Goal: Now I am married, and my wife and I are looking for a healthy sports activity that we both enjoy. We decided last week that it would be badminton. So I am here to learn :D

Challenge: We bought 50$ beginners badminton set (link) from our local store. It turned out to be TOTAL rubbish. Yesterday we got the family together to play. It wasn't long until one of the rackets popped a string. So we are taking the set back to get a refund. Now I am researching what equipment i should buy, but it is proving to be quite a challenge.

Can You Help?: BadmintonCentral, do you have any advice as I am looking to buy 4 rackets, and a good portable badminton net? Does something exist that is good quality, yet still affordable? I am definitely eager for any advice. Would you be willing to share your thoughts?

2. mater

mater Regular Member

Nomad
    Are you playing indoors? Sounds like outdoors, if so, it is very hard to play outdoors. The wind and the ground are not the best conditions for badminton play. I would suggest you find an indoor facility set up for badminton. This way, you don't have to worry about wind, footing, and the net. You just concentrate on the rackets and footwear. Also, where are you located? Maybe someone can offer places near you.

3. Kυηovυ

Kυηovυ New Member

Graphic Designer
    Yeah it has been outdoors so far. Were moving to California soon so i am sure there will be be some good indoor options there. Thanks fopr the reply.