Voltric IForce vs Voltric 70

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Priore, May 27, 2014.

1. Priore

Priore Regular Member

-
    Hello people,

So recently there is this ongoing warehouse sales promotion going on at sunriseclick and im contemplating between VTIF and VT70. My main concern is as expressed in the 2 points below:

1. Fragile/Durability. I have personally yet to hold one myself, but a quick search for "VT70 Fragile" and couple searches popped straight up on google first hits. Just wanna check with those who have or had a VT70 is this concern valid or is it overexaggerated?

2. Power. As I understand, VTIF is 5u while VT70 has 3U/4U variations (i'm probably going 4U). Noting that both are supposedly head heavy rackets, would VTIF feel rather extreme in terms of weight balance? (As in would the weight distribution be significantly tilted towards the head?)

Thanks for your time!

2. SuperAustinChu

SuperAustinChu Regular Member

Student
    Hi, I have neither of those two rackets however I will like to share my two-cents on this.

Since they are both medium in terms of shaft flex, I will not go into it.

The main thing you'd wanna consider is the weight. i-force only comes in 5U while VT70 comes in 3U and 4U. Each (U) is about the difference of 5 grams.

I can tell you that weight matters even if it is just 10g, I own a ArcFB F/6U and Arc10 3U. The swing speed is different but I will not go too much into that. Drives, net play and defence are the most significant difference. The reaction speed are not only faster but more aggressive due to faster swing speed. After a 2 hour session, I find myself less tired also. And with a old shoulder and elbow injury, wielding the FB is easy and effortless. But I can't say the same for my Arc10.

I play double most of the time, and I prefer to use my FB instead of Arc10. Although I like to smash a lot, it's my defence I am proud of, and I can't do the same without my FB.

So it all comes down to play-style, sure 3U VT70s maybe fun to smash, but your arm may get tired faster also. However if you can sacrifice a bit of your aggressiveness in your smashes and whatnot, using the i-force might lead you to a part of the game which you might find it more fun when you've discovered what lighter rackets has to offer.

P.S. Yes, lighter rackets might be prone to break easier in terms of statistics. But I have yet to meet an unfortunate fate with my FB even after a handful of clashes. My take on the situation is, no matter what, **** happens. When a racket clashes into another, its prone to snap, crack or even a hairline crack no matter if it's a 2U,3U or 6U racket. However what you can do is play smart to lower the odds of a clash, e.g. communicating with a partner like shouting "mine" before swinging when both of you are going for the shuttle. Or giving up a point (letting the birdie fly by) when in doubt that rackets will clash.

3. Priore

Priore Regular Member

-
    Hey, thanks for the quick reply. Pretty much the reply im looking for pertaining to weight differences and feel. Unlike FB, Iforce is supposedly Head Heavy (Voltric series), and given that its 5u, would the weight be considerably tilted towards the head (e.g holding a hammer with wooden handle)? Or has technology got to the point of inducing head heaviness without feeling the distortion in weight distribution?

4. SuperAustinChu

SuperAustinChu Regular Member

Student
    I will try to get back to you on that. Went to a local badminton store near my place but all the rackets I am looking for are all out of stock. :confused:

5. Darth vader

Darth vader Regular Member

Sith Lord
    I have owned both the VTIF and VT70, and my vote goes to the VTIF. The 5U weight, coupled with slight head heaviness makes it very maneuverable for doubles play, and is equally at home for front court and back court plays.

My style of play is defensive and I prefer placements and drives for offense over smashing. However, when the need arise, VTIF packs a solid punch, smashwise. I find that this is the best compromise for me. Would have went for the FB if not for it's fragility and frailty (owned 3, broke 3 due to clashes and mishits). The other racket that I would recommend, which unfortunately is now defunct, would be the Gosen Roots Aermet 9500 power. :)

Above all, there are ways to make a racket heavier, through grips, powerizers etc. But to lighten a racket is quite impossible IMHO. Of course, these represents my personal views. We all have different preferences, and the general consensus is to follow the masses and buy popular models. Doesn't work for me this way. Sometimes, taking the road less travelled might yield some nice surprises. Along the way, I managed to unearth a sizeable number of gems that suits my style of play. :) There are good rackets beyond the realms of Yonex, Victor and Li Ning. Brands like Gosen, Karakal, Toalson, Carlton and Pro Kennex do offer outstanding, albeit non popular models.

Good luck in your purchase process. Just don't end up like me with excess inventory. ��

6. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i have trained with the vt70 and have had a few clashes and i can only see minor paint chips and no cracks at all...in my opinion, i love my vt70 and i trust that it will come thru for me in clashes, so i never babied it when i trained with it.
    i have never used the iforce so i have no comments on that racket.