2014 new voltrics: Voltric 2, Voltric 5 GB, Voltric 9 Neo

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by zewill, May 27, 2014.

1. zewill

zewill Regular Member

Student
    Hi all, I went to purchase a voltric 5 (old style) recently at a shop and i was surprised to see many more models available (have not been following recently)

Information is scarce from users (obviously, as new models!)

Does anyone have information regarding the new racquets? Are they really superior to the older models? Is the pricing more expensive? ( i could not compare at the shop as they did not stock simultaneously the old voltric 5 and new voltric 5 model)?
    Is it worth it going for a newer model?

Thanks!

2. zewill

zewill Regular Member

Student
    Nothing new on this topic? No one has tried them? Thanks!

3. Nova89

Nova89 Regular Member

If the vt5 works just fine for u then stick with it. If you want a spare racket then I guess you can give it a try. But upgrading racket? No. Better go for vzf/2
    I doubt the difference would be significant with regards to their performance if both rackets are to be strung same tension and string. If you collect its cool because design has changed. But pretty much every year more and more are going to be introduced, its marketing. People will upgrade for stupid reasons like these NEO or whatever extra name yonex want to add to it because they are convinced that it sounds somehow upgraded.

Just remember 90% of your performance comes from skill, 10% only from the equipment.

4. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

It's about time for Yonex to start follow up Victor marketing scheme. Adopt Iron Man & Transformer into the graphic of racket... maybe... some Twilight scheme would make the racket sell out like hot cake!.. and defenitely not just adding some stupid words like NEO or FL or FB or Twitter...etc.

5. Slayer74

Slayer74 Regular Member

Hahaha, twitter good one!