1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None from Nigeria which is a suprise not a bad group of players

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes ...that was a good decision.... Thulasi and gurusaidutt stands a fair chance...as compared to XD....now let's see how far PC can sail...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nilesh123 View Post
    Yes ...that was a good decision.... Thulasi and gurusaidutt stands a fair chance...as compared to XD....now let's see how far PC can sail...
    I don't know whether srikanth will be in the team after reading his condition today. Hope he will recover soon and bring laurels to the country.

WTH? No participation in XD category from india?. Very good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's a poor decision. Unlike the Super Series & other events, this is a different event. It is a multi-sports event. Every medal that's earned pushes the country higher on the Medals Table. The XD pairs in India undoubtedly are below par. However, the level of competition isn't that high at the CWG and hence a bronze medal in the XD was well within sight. OTOH, in the WS, Saina and Sindhu have already been entered and being the top 2 seeds, they'll certainly be on opposite ends of the draw. However, if Thulasi meets either of these 2 in the earlier rounds, that'll certainly be a waste of a spot. It would've surely been more wise to rather enter atleast 1 pair in the XD field.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see the list of entrants has now been hidden, hope everyone had a quick nosey

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baddersmum View Post
    I see the list of entrants has now been hidden, hope everyone had a quick nosey
    Probably, it wasn't meant to be viewable to everyone
    Last edited by Mr. Epic; 07-03-2014 at 08:39 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Epic View Post
    I think it's a poor decision. Unlike the Super Series & other events, this is a different event. It is a multi-sports event. Every medal that's earned pushes the country higher on the Medals Table. The XD pairs in India undoubtedly are below par. However, the level of competition isn't that high at the CWG and hence a bronze medal in the XD was well within sight. OTOH, in the WS, Saina and Sindhu have already been entered and being the top 2 seeds, they'll certainly be on opposite ends of the draw. However, if Thulasi meets either of these 2 in the earlier rounds, that'll certainly be a waste of a spot. It would've surely been more wise to rather enter atleast 1 pair in the XD field.
    Well I believe that PC will meet either of Kristy/li Michael in the early rounds and if she able to male an upset than there is surely a chance all India podium finish..she herself will be seeded and I don't think it would be all India battle before sf (if thulasi reaches their)...srikanth's issue is surely a matter of concern...
    Mr epic do u think AP/TK can battle past adcocks or Robert/Imogen..or Singaporean/Malaysians..they have to fight any of the seededs in the early rounds coz of their lower ranking's..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/India...onwealth_Games
    Badminton squad still not officially declared on this page...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I believe that PC will meet either of Kristy/li Michael in the early rounds and if she able to male an upset than there is surely a chance all India podium finish..she herself will be seeded and I don't think it would be all India battle before sf (if thulasi reaches their)...srikanth's issue is surely a matter of concern...
    Mr epic do u think AP/TK can battle past adcocks or Robert/Imogen..or Singaporean/Malaysians..they have to fight any of the seededs in the early rounds coz of their lower ranking's..
    Erm what is your belief based upon? The seedings will probably be 1-Saina 2-Sindhu 3-Kirsty 4-Michelle Li. In this case, if P.C. Thulasi reaches the QF, she will have to play one of the four seeds, and here, if she has to play either Saina/Sindhu (presuming they're in the QF), a spot would automatically be wasted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have already mentioned that above....pc can upset Kristy/li in that case there is a chance of medal...
    Anyways even if she fails to upset any of the seeds in QF it will still be a better performance...I guess AP/TK can't even battle till the quarters....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last time india had 3 XD yet the results were poor...looking at the current form of Tarun it is a good decision..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya I too agree nilesh TArun/Ashwini is not much consistent . they must try new partners in coming years...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn. LCW just posted to Facebook that he won't be attending the Commonwealth Games. He is "going to the hospital for injections" into his thigh muscles to address an injury he received during the Thomas Cup.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just read the post on his FB. His absence opens up the MS field and will certainly motivate the others to play much better.
    Last edited by Mr. Epic; 07-04-2014 at 12:42 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast