Arcsaber 8dx or Voltric 70

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Pani1, May 29, 2014.

1. Pani1

Pani1 New Member

Friends, I am a relative beginner to Badminton. I am still learning some of the basics to an extent. I mostly play doubles and my game is mostly around sharp drops and defensive shots near the net. In a way I am yet to learn good smashing so I play more drops. I currently use Armortec 900 power. It has great power but the response time is slow. During fast play it becomes difficult to keep up. There is a certain heaviness which I could not fully get over even after 1 year of playing with this racket. So now I am thinking of changing it.

Arcsaber 8dx and Voltric 70 are the two choices I have made based on some reading. Kindly guide me a little further to choose between these rackets. What can I expect from each. My arm speed is not very fast so I do need some power in the racket to clear the opponent's base line.

2. XShadowHunt3rX

XShadowHunt3rX Regular Member

Student
    What about the nanoray series?

3. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    Victor Meteor X90

4. Acumen

Acumen Regular Member

VT70, lighter than your AT900P but still head heavy, maybe more easier for you to get used to.

Since you have arm speed issue, the medium stiff shalf and lighter head heavy could help.

Arcsaber 8dx could be too light and too stiff for you, if you are still beginner and training your skill.

5. lhchia

lhchia Regular Member

i just own VT 70 4U. where i can drive , tap and kill fast. the tri tech is function well.
    8DX is a good racket as well .
    remember to get your string tension right. i use bg66UM @26 at my VT70.
    you can try to strung @ 24 first.

6. amleto

amleto Regular Member

Sounds like arc8dx will be too stiff for you - I would not suggest it. Out of the two you have picked, definitely the vt70.

7. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer

I would agree. 8DX is quite stiff and difficult to generate power for some. But it excels in most other areas. VT70 actually feels like a slightly head heavier 8DX but more flexible. Of the two, it sounds like VT70 suits you more, but I woukd try and test them out firtst, also I would consider a 4U version myself even though all my racquets are 3U.

8. spyweb

spyweb Regular Member

I have both, 8DX & VT70. I would suggest the VT70(4U) in your case. The 8DX is more demanding.

9. Pani1

Pani1 New Member

friends, I bought the VT70 3U. Now I have to get it stringed. Which string should I go with for all-round play ? Also do recommend the string tension. As mentioned before my arm speed is not that great so I guess the tension cannot be very high. I was thinking of 22 lbs but will wait for your recommendation.

BTW, today I borrowed a friend's Nanospeed 100 racket and it felt very very nice!! I never thought I will like Nanospeed series because in the past I have tried ti10 and it was very difficult for me to put the shuttle behind mid-court. But the NS100 easily allowed me to clear the base line and with its light-footedness allowed me plenty of time to place the shuttle around with accuracy. Suddenly I started wondering if I should be looking at higher end Nanospeed or was it a one of case that I like the NS100 ?

10. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    If you consider to buy a nanospeed the ns 6600 should suit you if you like the NS100. If you like NS100 there is nothing wrong to get one. No need for a expensive Made in Japan racket.

I suggest you to try NBG99 @ 22lbs.

11. Pani1

Pani1 New Member

Thanks bro. I was actually quite surprised that I liked the NS100 so much even though I am using a much higher end AT900P on a daily basis. I actually played better with the NS100. I am now thinking of getting one NS100 and use as my reference racquet.

Should I use the BG99 with 22lbs on my voltric 70 ?

12. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    then you probably wouldn't want an 8dx, go with the vt70 with a "more flexible" shaft.