Looking for new APACS racket (beginner - intermediate)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by talakuchi, May 29, 2014.

1. talakuchi

talakuchi Regular Member

Hi all, I just join this forum. I live in Singapore and I am looking for a new APACS racket that has specs like the following...

Flex: Flexible
    Head: Square/Isometric
    Weight: 3U or 4U
    Balance: Head heavy
    Tension: Can take up to 20-26lb and above

High or low end rackets are OK.
    Thanks in advanced for any suggestions and comments. ^_^

This brand sounds rare to me, where can I buy APACS racket in Singapore? Any shops to recommend?

2. nooooooooooo

nooooooooooo Regular Member

Flexible + head heavy + 4U =
    You are looking for apacs virtuoso performance

Try sportshorizon in Malaysia you can get it for 199RM which is about $100sg ..?

3. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Not quite as head-heavy and only a tiny bit stiffer than the Virtuoso performance is the APACS Slayer 88.

Everyone's tastes are different but in my very small APACS experience I found S88 faster in defense and offense than the Virtuoso.
    (It's probably cheaper too) ;)

4. talakuchi

talakuchi Regular Member

I've just checked the racket u mentioned above.

http://www.sportshorizon.com/products/901003-100609/Apacs-Virtuoso-Performance

Looks good. For APACS racket, those rated as medium flex, is it flexible? As in can it flex easily and therefore no need to use too much strength to hit far?

5. talakuchi

talakuchi Regular Member

I've just checked the racket u mentioned above.

http://www.sportshorizon.com/products/901003-100609/Apacs-Virtuoso-Performance

Looks good. For APACS racket, those rated as medium flex, is it flexible? As in can it flex easily and therefore no need to use too much strength to hit far?

6. nooooooooooo

nooooooooooo Regular Member

If you normally use flexible rackets it should very comfortable for you. If you normally use stiff rackets, it's flexibility will be very noticeable

7. talakuchi

talakuchi Regular Member

I'm currently using toned nanospeed 5500, I read that it's a medium flex shaft.
    So I'm thinking to try a flexible shaft racket, to see if hitting far is really effortless. Heehee

8. talakuchi

talakuchi Regular Member

Just went to a few local shops. I list a few I am interested to find out more:
    Foray 707 Accurate SG
    Virtuoso Performance
    Lethal 15

If you all tried any of those, feel free to comment on it.

By the way, the sportshorizon price for apacs racket is unbeatable. Local shops markup the price by a lot.

9. Loben

Loben Regular Member

I would suggest the Feather weight 100 or Feather weight 300, both are light and little bit head heavy but flexy for sure. You will be suprise how good they performance for clear from back court.

Ben

10. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    Slayer 88 is much more expensive than VP, at least at my place. i got my new VP at RM150 frame only from AJ Racket Mart in Puchong, Malaysia. not sure if they do shipping to SG and the charges. you can search them up in FB.

i come from SW35 and VP is very easy to adapt to, for me. head heavy yet fast but overall weight is not too heavy. the only downside is it vibrates a little upon heavy impact, like when you thunder down a smash.

i find their Tweet series more stable but it's twice as expensive as the VP, in the RM2xx - 3xx range. Tweet8k is stiff and head heavy. Tweet6k is mid flex and even balance. have not tried Tweet7k before though. Tweet has hexagon frame, like Victor Meteors, which makes them fast.

11. irwanb

irwanb Regular Member

self employed
    lethal 7.. or if its for a lady, can try 722..