User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today, I got my Wise 2086.

I needed to get my Brave Sword 15 (two) strung. I broke about 3 sets of string...

2 of them on the last cross... and 1 2 mains in. I have no idea why this string breaks out of nowhere...

Its a shame because it plays extremely well...

I had one break that was really odd... when I was pulling the last cross, it decided to snap right on the beginning cross tie off..

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xZhongCheng View Post
    Today, I got my Wise 2086.

I needed to get my Brave Sword 15 (two) strung. I broke about 3 sets of string...

2 of them on the last cross... and 1 2 mains in. I have no idea why this string breaks out of nowhere...

Its a shame because it plays extremely well...

I had one break that was really odd... when I was pulling the last cross, it decided to snap right on the beginning cross tie off..
    This really needs flagging up with Victor - it's happening too often with too many people now to be coincidence.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be that they tweaked the formula to address the tension hold problems and inadvertently caused it to be more brittle and less able to sustain tension? Or have they changed their factory like they did with their racquets?

Does the new VS850 still say "made in japan" on the string?

And were these from a reputable retailer?

The only time I have experienced similar problems was with fake Yonex strings... snapping at circa 22-24lb on the machine.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R20190 View Post
    Could be that they tweaked the formula to address the tension hold problems and inadvertently caused it to be more brittle and less able to sustain tension?
    I'm almost certain this is what's happened - it is so markedly different from the Mk1 that something foundational must have been altered.

I never had any of these issues with the Mk1, and I have heard no reports of any such issues, either.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    I'm almost certain this is what's happened - it is so markedly different from the Mk1 that something foundational must have been altered.

I never had any of these issues with the Mk1, and I have heard no reports of any such issues, either.
    This is not good for Victor. First they mess up on discontinuing their most popular range, the Brave Swords and replacing it with what most say is an inferior design, now they do this to their best selling string?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R20190 View Post
    Could be that they tweaked the formula to address the tension hold problems and inadvertently caused it to be more brittle and less able to sustain tension? Or have they changed their factory like they did with their racquets?

Does the new VS850 still say "made in japan" on the string?

And were these from a reputable retailer?

The only time I have experienced similar problems was with fake Yonex strings... snapping at circa 22-24lb on the machine.
    I got mine through the Victor Warehouse in Vancouver, BC. I have a sponsorship with them.

I am pretty sure it says Made in Japan...

The most interesting thing I noticed was my friend's pack of VS850s... they felt completely different than mine. His was more on the rough side... close to BG80s.

Mine felt extremely slippery, close to something like NBG95s.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old and new say "made in japan" if my memory is correct.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh no... I was just about to get some more vs850. So consensus is that the new gen (blue pack that says control) is more slippery and breaks faster than old gen (gold pack that says power)?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Oh no... I was just about to get some more vs850. So consensus is that the new gen (blue pack that says control) is more slippery and breaks faster than old gen (gold pack that says power)?
    I have the new white packs and I had a reel and not had any random breakages, I'd say its rougher than the green and black though.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny. I've been getting my rackets strung with the blue ones ever since they've been out and never once has any of them been broken during stringing. I sit in on all my string jobs being done. But I do concur that the feel between the blue and golds has a bit of difference. As for tension holding..honestly..still the same **** different day. But they've always been 10m packs. Never reel. Don't know why my stringers don't get a reel or two of it. They used to do that occasionally for the gold one.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ch1k0 View Post
    Funny. I've been getting my rackets strung with the blue ones ever since they've been out and never once has any of them been broken during stringing. I sit in on all my string jobs being done. But I do concur that the feel between the blue and golds has a bit of difference. As for tension holding..honestly..still the same **** different day. But they've always been 10m packs. Never reel. Don't know why my stringers don't get a reel or two of it. They used to do that occasionally for the gold one.
    @Ch1k0
    How's the feel different?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@visor I'm not too sure how to describe it..it's been a year since I last used the gold one ^^; but if my memory serves me right..the blue ones feel a slight bit more dull and the coating felt a bit rougher to me. Otherwise not much difference really..

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ok, tks. Will try some and see.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ch1k0 View Post
    @visor I'm not too sure how to describe it..it's been a year since I last used the gold one ^^; but if my memory serves me right..the blue ones feel a slight bit more dull and the coating felt a bit rougher to me. Otherwise not much difference really..
    The gold (the reel that I have) is much more slippery than the blue one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2