Replacement racket for Carbonex 21 Special

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by meow1803, May 30, 2014.

1. meow1803

meow1803 New Member

hi guys,

i've been using my two cab 21 special for nearly 10 years. i play mainly doubles, attack/defend 50-50. these rackets are really worn out.

so i'm now looking for a replacement racket and would like to know what yonex series out there that would be better in terms of newer tech and suit my game play.

any suggestions welcome. thank u :p

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    in my opinion, there isn't anything that could replace the old cab21special. if you can still find them, you should buy them and just keep them as a collector's item but if you actually wanted to try something else, the cab35 as a newer model might be good. it is still an oval racket which is something you are used to. switching back and forth between oval and isometric, i do feel that an oval racket feels more solid. however i would stay away from cab50 because even tho the weight is similar, the feel is totally different, as if they have hollowed out the frame.

if you are actually looking for an isometric that has very similar feel to an oval, i can't help you because to me there's no iso that feels like an oval.

3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

There is nothing 'special' about Cab21 Special, it is not the true Cab21 ;) ... (cmiiw)

Recommendation for style of play "doubles, 50-50 attack defend" :D?

4. gundamzaku

working professional
    i just think it's special because it's old and they don't make it anymore :)

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Mind you there is the cab21. And then there is the cab21 special. They are different. The special is actually lower end version.

"Special" as mention is nothing special. It's pure marketing like Toyota calls most of their cars limited where there are plenty of supply.

6. meow1803

meow1803 New Member

mmm ok thanks for the feedback guys.
    maybe i will try go hunt for the remaining cab21 / cab35 if i can find em (not the special one hehe).

7. gundamzaku

working professional

hahahahaha, nice