LIN DAN with Adidas

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by chrs_ls, Jun 2, 2014.

1. chrs_ls

chrs_ls Regular Member

2014-06-02 21.20.04.jpg :cool: ..But not sure about his racket ...

2. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Bro , nice T-shirt,, you can share with me the picture or model no of lin dan shirt, i want buy , my contact i s 81135874. thanks

3. chrs_ls

chrs_ls Regular Member

sorry bro, i don't have info on the shirt yet.. :)

4. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Hi bro: Is Lin dan confirm sponsor by Adidas with clothes and shoes ?

5. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

He's wearing faked adidas shirts with 2 stripes only. I'm very sure!
    Therefore you have to buy fakes too if you wanna be a superman like the superdan!

*sarcasm*

6. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

I don't think he's sponsored right now, technically, at least from looking at his racket. In his comeback, when he had the "LD" ink on his racket, the commentator explained that he had contracting issues with his sponsor, Li-Ning, so that could explain it.

7. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

I wish there was more news about all these contracts. It seems like he's still wearing LiNing shirts and shoes, what difference does it make if the strings don't have the LN logo on it?

Anyway I don't really care what racket he's using, just curious what racket looks like that, since it's not one of the commercial ones from the big companies, either a prototype or a smaller brand; SOTX? Woven 16 looks like a good candidate: http://www.ibuysports.com/Woven16.html

It would be the best thing ever for Adidas to sign Lin Dan. It'd make a bigger impact than Apple buy Beats audio haha

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    From my last information a while back, LD wanted a racquet that plays like the AT700. So he's been testing prototypes of what Adidas can come up with. Thus, the racquet is quite possibly a model that is not yet commercially available yet. If not yet commercially available, the markings on the racquet may not be the final design.

9. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

That would make sense. I guess he asked Li Ning to do the same and thats how he got the N90?

I saw his shoes from Thomas Cup, maybe I wanted to believe it, but I thought I saw the three stripes of Adidas, but painted the same color as the rest of the shoe lol (red ones).

10. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

He is wearing Adidas shoes, a new unreleased model that will be available in the near future (Quickforce 7). Only difference from the to be released one is indeed the colour of the stripes (camouflaged in Lin Dan's case). Even the already sponsored players are not wearing it yet so that speaks volumes in my book ;).

And he is wearing Adidas clothing in practice; Li-Ning outfit was Thomas Cup team wear ... On top of it all (or to confuse things further :D) he was playing with an all black VTZF-II apparently (or some design elements were copied)

#10 demolidor, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  11. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Yes, the photo evidence that LD was using a VZF2 is quite compelling. One theory I have is that he could be testing the VZF2 to see if he likes it so that Adidas could try and copy it. Afterall, there's no point Adidas copying an old racquet like the AT700/900 with old technology when they're trying to catch up with the rest of the field. Particularly when the AT series have quite a unique frame shape that doesn't lend itself to being copied discreetly.

It would seem obvious if he is indeed going to be sponsored by Adidas (racquet wise) to have Adidas study the best racquet that the market leader has to offer.

But then again, this is just a theory, for all we know he could potentially be back with Yonex.

12. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

This is crazy... and possibly a very big blow to the Li-Ning brand? Is there any going back now?

I guess the badminton world is still at Lin Dan's feet. ;)

13. visor

visor Regular Member

The big blow to LiNing was already done by themselves, when over the past few years they overpriced and over expanded their market position too aggressively. To the point that their bottom line suffered greatly and they had to pull back.

So Adidas, seeing this lapse and the fact that LD's contract was up for renewal, took this opportunity to approach and engage one of the best, if not arguably the best, badminton player ever. Very smart move.

14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    A very astute move by Adidas. When I first got wind of it, I wondered why the Adidas would be sponsoring a player who publicly said he was winding down. In fact, it might be this tie up with Adidas that has caused a delay in Lin Dan's retirement. Sounds plausible.

15. chrs_ls

chrs_ls Regular Member

This photo was taken during Thomas and uber cup in India 2014..The resolution of this photo is very bad but He was wearing real Adidas shirt(we did checked)..Don't comment as if you knew he was wearing fake adidas , Stupid Swiss..

16. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

I thought Lin Dan said he wanted to stick around for the 2016 Rio Olympics for a while now. Either way, Lin Dan's career will last at least until the Olympics. Despite his status as possibly the best badminton player of all time, will Lin Dan's sponsorship mean even more success for Adidas, in significant terms?

17. nthanhhai

nthanhhai Regular Member

Welcome to the forum, and you must have no idea about our kiko :)

18. chrs_ls

chrs_ls Regular Member

:cool::cool::):cool::cool::cool::cool:

19. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

1. *sarcasm* - you know what it is?
    2. I'm Swiss yes. You don't like cheese & chocolate? I like curry, you know :)
    3. If you would know how annoying this ferreriko is and with how much nonsense he's flooding this forum, you would understand my posting.

New here and already hating someone. But hey, a Sorry is enough for me to forgive :rolleyes:

#19 Accordaz, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  20. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Welcome to BC. Were you a line judge or an official at the TUC? :)

All true :D