Li Ning N90 III Fake vs Real HELP PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by XJudgementX, Jun 2, 2014.

1. XJudgementX

XJudgementX Regular Member

Hi everyone, ive been doing some searching for help in order to spot the differences between a real N90 III compared to a fake N90 III and i couldnt find anything. :(
    If anyone could help and fill me in on the ways exact ways to spot fakes that would be very appreciated.
    Side note: A friend of mine is planning on buying a n90 from a acquaintance of his, the seller originally told him that it was authentic and has the serial code has matched up to be an authentic Li Ning racket on the website, BUT the seller had a friend who said that it was fake due to "one of the texts on the frame facing the other way". Ill try to post pictures if i get my hands on them!
    I look forward to hearing from everyone, and hopefully soon.
    Cheers!

2. poier

poier New Member

Hey, I think there are fakes of different levels out there of this racket. Probably the newer ones got better. Code seems to work for all of them, so a correct code does not mean anything anymore.

A (supposed) fake I saw recently could almost not be detected without having an original racket put directly next to it. All the known signs of the fake N90-III were not visible. There were differences though in the quality of the painting.

I tried to take pictures. I only have an original one. The pictures are not so good quality, as I only used my phone's camera.

The "MegaPower" was not painted as sharp as on the original one. In reality it looks "sharper" than on my picture. The camera of the phone could not catch it better at this close distance. On the fake it was more blurry.

The red lin-ing painting was also less sharp as well as the edges of the logo.

But I'm not sure this is enough for identifying it as a fake. Could also be just a racket with messed up painting. In the end the best bet to buy a genuine racket is to order at one of the well-known vendors out there I guess :)

IMG_0174_sel1.jpg IMG_0175_sel2.jpg

Attached Files:

3. XJudgementX

Hi poier, thanks a lot for the quick reply to my post and the pictures! :) So i guess the only way to really find out (not for sure though) is to look at the paint or a real racket next to the fake, correct? If anyone else can add more information to poier's help that would be great!

4. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
  5. XJudgementX

zzz.jpg

This is the photo the seller has sent my friend, according to the seller one of those two texts were accused of being facing the other way. Does anyone see a problem with it?

6. XJudgementX

Thanks cobalt for the link!

7. XJudgementX

I read somewhere that the N90 III does not have serial code near T-joint of the shaft. If it does, it is fake. Is this correct? Thanks for the help everyone!

8. heeroyuy

heeroyuy Regular Member

It is likely fake, since the wing stabilizer word should be inverted.
    Mine looks like the one advertised in the picture below:
    N90-3_6.jpg