User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Stringing without Grommets??

Hey all,

my friend borrowed my arcsaber 10 recently and he went to restring it. the racquet is very old, with lots of scratches and the grommets are old and i've never replaced them. Last time I string it the string broke on the second main because the inside of the grommet cut through the string.

he said it's a bare frame strung at 28 lbs..so will the string break if I play with it?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by allthatfog View Post
    Hey all,

my friend borrowed my arcsaber 10 recently and he went to restring it. the racquet is very old, with lots of scratches and the grommets are old and i've never replaced them. Last time I string it the string broke on the second main because the inside of the grommet cut through the string.

he said it's a bare frame strung at 28 lbs..so will the string break if I play with it?
    Based on the fact that the last time the string broke was where there was a broken grommet, then I'd say there definitely is a high risk of it breaking again especially if you hit the bird anywhere near the broken grommet.

I strongly suggest that the grommet be replaced. If you don't replace the grommet there is also a high risk that the string could cut into and damage the frame especially if you're stringing at medium to high tensions.

Ordering replacement grommets are inexpensive (RKEP + MyBadmintonStore) and you can also salvage grommets from broken rackets. Investing in a grommet removal tool is worth it.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cut it now and replace the grommet before it eats into the racquet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the advice guys!