Need Advice on Nanoray z-speed ....

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by KMLee, Jun 10, 2014.

1. KMLee

KMLee Regular Member

Self employed
    Hi everyone, I need some advice on this :confused: , I recently purchased the Nanoray z-speed and I do know it is not really my type of racquet (yet) because currently I am using the Voltric I-Force with BG66 UM at 23Ibs and Adizero pro with BG66 UM at 22Ibs, both are light weight with medium flex and I play quitecomfortable with these 2 racquets. :)

However from the past 2 weeks I want to see if I am up to that level or not on using a stiff racquet. Due to I need a bit more from the racquet for defence. In some way I hope it may give me a bit of advantage in the game with a light head stiff racquet so I brought the Z-speed.

Anyway .... my question is should I string the Z-speed at low tension such as 20 to 23 Ibs to start with so I won't get that kind of stiff/hard feeling which may hurt my wrist or should I try something higher ?

PS: For my personal preference I do like the feel of good repulsion, I'm not a big powerful smasher, I play a lot of net and drop shots, clear shots, make the other player run around a lot. Also I've try my friends Z-Force 2 , is a powerful racquet if you get it right but I'm not really like it (yet) too stiff for me at the moment.

2. john1994

john1994 Regular Member

I have no idea what you are talking, but first what ur skill level?

3. luckyboyl

luckyboyl Regular Member

I was thinking the same a couple of weeks ago with my Z-Speed purchase. I think it will always be hard feeling on your arms, although not that much as ZFs. Still on the stock strings now to get feel of the GB80, but I am also trying to restring next time with lower tension first around 9,5kg with Zymax, which is my usual setup. After testing this setup and comparing with my older rackets, I will decide for the tension. Seems logical to try the lower tension, but I feel the Z-Speed is a very different racket to usual feelings in hand....so might be different. Let us know when you test different tensions on this rakcet! The I-Force is a joy to play with, you will need to use a bit more effort on the Z-Speed to get most of it though.