replacing NS8000

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by keitocorp, Jun 12, 2014.

1. keitocorp

keitocorp Regular Member

Hello Readers,

Up to a few weeks ago i was using a NS8000 for several years. I really love the racket but as many of you know, the nanospeed series is no longer available. I broke my first NS8000 last year and was lucky enough to find a new one closeby. But now, in my country, the whole NS series is not being sold anymore.

I know the nanoray series is basically the new nanospeed series, but i've read some mixed feelings about it. Generally the NR800 is considered the followup of the NS8k/9k/9900. we dont have the luxery in my country to actually try the rackets out but when i swung the racket around somewhat in the store, it felt a bit heavier. maybe its my imagination...

I read that some people found the NR700fx to be similar to the ns9900, but they also said the NR700 is more flexible, which i dont really like.

All this makes me a bit confused as to what i should be looking at. What i'm looking for is a headlight racket, with a stiff shaft (NS8k was considered extra stiff if memory serves me right).

I still have an Arc10 which is an even balance racket, but its a bit to heavy for my taste, and my defense is just slower with it. i like the defensive play

Any advise is welcome, thx!

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

The NS8000 was an extra-stiff headlight, and the only ones since have been the NS9900 or the NS990, either of which I think would be ideal.

The NR800 is not as stiff, nor is the NR900; the Arc 8DX is extra-stiff, but even balanced.

3. keitocorp

keitocorp Regular Member

And what rackets are options when looking at stiff rackets instead of extra stiff?

Is there a huge difference between stiff and extra stiff?

4. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

NR900, 800, 300, 90DX and 70DX are all stiff Nanorays.

Depends on the player - if you're very strong, XS will give you more power.

5. keitocorp

keitocorp Regular Member

i'll try out the 800 and 300, the others are unfortunately not available here.

How about other brands, so far only nanorays have been mentioned but how about Carlton, babolat, Victor, Forza rackets? Does anyone have an idea if they have any similar rackets to the NS8000/9900?