Tried googling but to no avail. Someone please explain. Thank you!

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by thisis, Jun 12, 2014.

1. thisis

thisis Regular Member

Bravesword pattern.PNG

1. Is starting point cross where you start horizontally? Where it ends? It doesn't show...

2. Same with Lengthwise, is it vertical? Can someone draw more arrows (where it start and go and end) on the picture I uploaded please?

3. I googled this, is this the best pattern for Bravesword 12?

4. How often does pattern affects performance?

5. How do you count A1 2 3 or B 5 6 7 etc?

Thank you everyone!

#1 thisis, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  2. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

I'll admit that this is a bit confusing. I'm no genius. But lets take a stab at it, shall we? :eek:

It's a two string method. One length for the mains (verticals) and one for the crosses (horizontal).

Start with the mains, by putting the ends through the two holes at the top of the racket. Work your way up and down outwards. But when you get to B7 and D7, instead of going up through B8/D8, skip all the way to B12/D12.

From there you go up to A11/C11, then backtrack towards the centre again. Notice that you skip B11/D11.
    After coming out at B8/D8, you tie off your mains at B7/D7.

Then you are ready to start your crosses.
    Make your starting knot at A5 and go horizontally back and forth all the way down to D8. Then you can tie off. Although it isn't marked where, you could tie off at D6 or D5, whichever is easier.

Good luck!

3. thisis

thisis Regular Member

Thanks. Can someone verify this?

Anyway, what do you think about question 3-5?

4. heroclass

heroclass Regular Member

Victor actually has new stringing pattern for their racquets. A two peice 4 knot method. After the 7th Bottom hole, you loop it into 12Bottom Hole (just like yonex but at the 7th hole) and then top down pattern for crosses. they do the 7th instead ofthe 9th like yonex because of their extra cross at the bottom

5. thisis

thisis Regular Member

Can you please explain a bit more? I am very new to this :(

6. heroclass

heroclass Regular Member

That pattern you have there is actually very confusing but stringing is very simple.

1. You start your mains in the middle of course of the racquet. As you get the the 7th hole at the bottom(count 7th hole at the bottom starting from the middle) the string will loop to the 12th hole and then you will string backwards until you hit the 8th bottom hole and you will tie off at 7th hole. This is your vertical strings (your mains)

2. Now for the crosses yes you start at the A7( just count 7 holes from the top middle). Remember all racquets that have shared holes always start the crosses at the A7 Hole(7th hole from the top) and the starting KNOT will be at A5 or A6( top 5 or top 6). then you weave until the bottom 8th Hole. WHen you finish your crosses of the bottom 8th hole, you will tie off at the bottom 6th hole.

I acutally quite like this pattern, as the playability is excellent

7. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Q3: Not sure what 'best' pattern means, but it is the one the maker suggests.

Q4: The quality of the stringing affects play more than the specific pattern.

Q5: The numbers start at the middle and work out. With 72-hole racket there is no real need to count beyond 12 in any one direction. With 80+ hole rackets, there are a lot more holes you have to skip, so you really have to pay attention if you are a beginning stringer.

The A,B, C, D is simply to label the quadrant.

#7 Fidget, Jun 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  8. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    Just use the standard Yonex pattern. The "new" pattern that suggests going from b7 to b12 is a pretty bad idea imo.

It's a 72 hole racket and should be strung like every other 72 hole rackets. There is absolutely no point in following these silly patterns.

9. thisis

thisis Regular Member

Thank you guys. Is there a website that provides tutorial to beginner the CORRECT method?

And what is the standard yonex pattern?

10. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    http://www.yonex.com/products/badminton-stringing-instructions/

"Other racquets" diagram.

I call it the Yonex pattern, but I doubt they originally created it. It's just the goto / default pattern to use on every racket. While the grommet numbers are not the same on every racket (mostly due to extra grommets at the top), the design stays the same and the tie offs are almost always at b8/B8 for mains and b6/A5 for crosses.