User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default i have running nose (flu approaching) - can badminton help to ward it off?

I have a game tonight, i am debating whether i should go and play.

I started to have running nose since this morning.

I wonder whether badminton exercise will help me sweat and ward off the flu.

To quote my Physical Education teacher saying last time:

"Why do people will flu / fever cover them with many blankets to sweat a lot to reduce the fever. why not do like me? put a tracksuit and do some jogging to sweat instead of sweating under the blanket?"

What do you think?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have played under the weather many times before, but each time I regretted. I felt good right after the games, it's only when I totally cool down and at home that my symptoms got worse. Playing with only runny nose should be fine, but rest is needed if symptoms go below the throat.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A good rule of thumb is to find out if your condition has come down to your lungs that will affect your cardiovascular system. If above the lungs, no problem, just go ahead. If your lungs are feeling down, stay away.
    I have had sore throat, slight fever, running nose and I seem to benefit from playing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got a sore throat today and am going to go to badminton tonight. Fingers crossed things don't deteriorate as I have a game tomorrow.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strange enough, I seem to play better the more miserable I feel... that's if the symptoms haven't reach the chest area yet. Perhaps,

Lower expectation = More relaxed = Better games?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would just stay home and get some rest. If you continue to excert yourself, you're only gonna drain yourself of the energy that could have been diverted to your immune system to ward off whatever illness you have.

-Rick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, if go out running around, your body assumes you are running away from some sort of danger (mastodon, sabre tooth tiger, whatever) and gives priority to keeping you alive for the next few minutes. Fight or flight etc.

Wonderful machine the human body.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Originally posted by taneepak
    A good rule of thumb is to find out if your condition has come down to your lungs that will affect your cardiovascular system. If above the lungs, no problem, just go ahead. If your lungs are feeling down, stay away.
    I have had sore throat, slight fever, running nose and I seem to benefit from playing.
    on the other hand, you could be transmitting viruses to other players in the group.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are moderately ill i suggest you go out and play..!! or exercise for that matter.

Your immune system will naturally raise your body temperature in defense to the virus or whatever you have. My as well raise it by doing something athletic

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

obviously....just remember you are ill, and don't push it too much

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Especially when you're on the recovery phase...

Originally posted by Cheung
    on the other hand, you could be transmitting viruses to other players in the group.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Was on MC yesterday :)

I went to doctor yesterday after playing two days ago.

I got MC and a nice 1 day rest

Actually, the badminton game did not worsen my sickness. Only thing not good is when you have soaked shirts and waiting for ur turn to play and a cool draught beat against ur wet back and u sneeze.

P.S: actually i was AIMING for that MC, so playing and not playing on that day will not change much of me seeing a doctor the next day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, the game that day was the best game i played for 1 year so far

I guess when u are taking the game relaxed, u tend to look around more for openings and observe ur opponents more instead of rushing and playing shots without observing the opponents and placing the shots accurately

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

well. i am recovering and i played two days of badminton. yesterday was ok. not the best form, slow, everything off timing etc.

today was even worse! i could hardly move. nSmash is in town and we played together, i think i move like a really old man. but we managed to play for nearly 3 hours. at the end, i could hardly play.

but the strange part is, it is not really exhaustion. when i come back from biking, that feels like exhaustion. today, it felt like i do have energy, but the body is blocking it from getting released. very strange.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

German cat killed by bird flu

Tuesday, February 28, 2006; Posted: 5:08 p.m. EST (22:08 GMT)

(CNN) -- A cat in Germany has been infected with bird flu, health authorities said Tuesday.

The virus was discovered in a cat found dead on the island of Ruegen, in northern Germany, said Elke Reinking, press officer at the Friedrich Loeffler Institute on the island of Riems in northern Germany.

Homeowners within a 5 kilometer (3 mile) radius of where the cat's carcass was found are being advised to keep their cats indoors.

Tests to determine whether the cat died of bird flu were not expected to be completed until the end of the week.

Last [northern hemisphere] summer, dozens of tigers in Thailand died after eating dead birds infected with the H5N1 virus.

Some of the tigers apparently infected other tigers, officials said.

In addition, the laboratory has determined that four of 128 birds it has tested from throughout Germany were infected with the highly pathogenic form of H5N1, she said.

The other 124 had a low-pathogenic strain of the H5N1 virus, she said.

Earlier, Swedish authorities said Tuesday that a deadly strain of bird flu had been found in two wild ducks in southern Sweden, however they were unable to immediately confirm what strain, The Associated Press reports.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    German cat killed by bird flu

Tuesday, February 28, 2006; Posted: 5:08 p.m. EST (22:08 GMT)

(CNN) -- A cat in Germany has been infected with bird flu, health authorities said Tuesday.

The virus was discovered in a cat found dead on the island of Ruegen, in northern Germany, said Elke Reinking, press officer at the Friedrich Loeffler Institute on the island of Riems in northern Germany.

Homeowners within a 5 kilometer (3 mile) radius of where the cat's carcass was found are being advised to keep their cats indoors.

Tests to determine whether the cat died of bird flu were not expected to be completed until the end of the week.

Last [northern hemisphere] summer, dozens of tigers in Thailand died after eating dead birds infected with the H5N1 virus.

Some of the tigers apparently infected other tigers, officials said.

In addition, the laboratory has determined that four of 128 birds it has tested from throughout Germany were infected with the highly pathogenic form of H5N1, she said.

The other 124 had a low-pathogenic strain of the H5N1 virus, she said.

Earlier, Swedish authorities said Tuesday that a deadly strain of bird flu had been found in two wild ducks in southern Sweden, however they were unable to immediately confirm what strain, The Associated Press reports.

It doesn't say that the cat caught the virus off a badminton player who refused to stay at home, so you cannot blame Smasher for this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung
    I have seen so many inconsiderate players that will continue to play while they are sick, only to spread whatever they have to others in the center. Although in general physical exercise is good for the body and may help to speed up the recovery, it is almost always at the risk to others you are sharing the gym with.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast