User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R20190 View Post
    I have played with lots of coded racquets, but the Ti10 sticks out as the one where UK coded ones were consistently more HH than SP coded ones. This is unusual, as a collector of Yonex racquets, I have encountered and played with most of their top-end racquets manufacturered over the past 30 odd years. Yes there are slight variations in BP due to tolerances and QC which I am aware of, but with the original Ti10, the difference is too great to be down to Yonex tolerance and QC - which in my opinion is the best of all the manufacturers.

As I also string racquets for several clubs, I get to hold many racquets and this is a fairly consistent difference in the Ti10s I've experienced.

Other racquets seems fine though. Strange.
    can you measured the bp of your uk coded ti10 and see if any of the ti10 in my collections faced the similiar condition as yours.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have played with lots of coded racquets, but the Ti10 sticks out as the one where UK coded ones were consistently more HH than SP coded ones. This is unusual, as a collector of Yonex racquets, I have encountered and played with most of their top-end racquets manufacturered over the past 30 odd years. Yes there are slight variations in BP due to tolerances and QC which I am aware of, but with the original Ti10, the difference is too great to be down to Yonex tolerance and QC - which in my opinion is the best of all the manufacturers.

As I also string racquets for several clubs, I get to hold many racquets and this is a fairly consistent difference in the Ti10s I've experienced.

Other racquets seems fine though. Strange.
    I remember this being discussed before and as you know the SP production ran longer than the rest of the codes. Iirc some SP users also noted a distinct difference between the the latter produced ones and early years; note the "iirc" been quite a while since I last read about it ... But maybe you have some early SP ones as well. <2002/3

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DannyYan View Post
    can you measured the bp of your uk coded ti10 and see if any of the ti10 in my collections faced the similiar condition as yours.
    I can, but there are two problems. Firstly, most of my collection (60+ racquets) including my beloved Ti10s are in my parents house loft/garage along with a lot of other stuff. Secondly, with some of them, the original grip and / or the cellophane has been removed and replaced with several overgrips and I didn't measure their weights before (these make quite a difference to the BP).

So if I get the chance, I will measure them but it may be some time!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    I remember this being discussed before and as you know the SP production ran longer than the rest of the codes. Iirc some SP users also noted a distinct difference between the the latter produced ones and early years; note the "iirc" been quite a while since I last read about it ... But maybe you have some early SP ones as well. <2002/3

Glad you mentioned that, my first SP one must have been one of the earliest as I remember my aunt buying it soon after it was launched. (Which reminds me... that one has a crack in it! sad times!). The second one I bought a few years later... can't remember exactly when though.... but if I can be bothered to clamber into my parents loft and dig them out, I'll get the serial codes which should confirm the dates.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry OP for steering the discussion off course...

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I can, but there are two problems. Firstly, most of my collection (60+ racquets) including my beloved Ti10s are in my parents house loft/garage along with a lot of other stuff.
    Dang... If your parents ever hold a garage sale, let me know...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@fiq, did u see what happened to the rackets who didn't pass the QC test? did the officers explain?

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    @fiq, did u see what happened to the rackets who didn't pass the QC test? did the officers explain?
    Those ones will then be labelled CH...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    PMSL! Haha...

(you sure they aren't rebranded to Apacs? LOL)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

nicely put!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found it kinda offensive to the Chinese. But I know you're joking btw so...haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fiq_axis View Post
    New models are Arcsaber I Slash, Voltric 70tune, Arcsaber 9FLN, Nanoray 400 and Voltric ZF2LD in production.
    First of all, thanks for sharing your experience!

Just wondering about the i-SLASH and the Nanoray 400; do you mean they have new designs or something, since they're not actually new models?

I definitely thought of Lin Dan when I saw ZF2LD since that's how they usually name the special editions - with the product code followed by the player initials. ARC11TH, VT80PG, and now ZF2LD.

But I wonder what FLN means... I always figured FL stood for 'for ladies', given the design and that the suitability ratings on the Japanese Yonex site ranks it as very suitable for intermediate and advanced ladies but not suitable at all for men at any level (most other racquets are suitable for both genders in varying degrees). Not sure what N could possibly mean if that's the case though. I guess FL could also have something to do with Toughlex though, since they seem to focus on it in the descriptions both on the Japanese and the international site.

"Voltric 70tune" is a complete mystery to me. Unless it's actually VT70TUNE and TUNE are initials for a doubles pair or something, but I can't think of anyone.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FL stands for Feather Light (written on the racket) and N probably stands for New colour as with the F1 shoes (F1N) ...
    Also I think the I-Slash had not been released in Japan yet, remember seeing some news about it at the same time as NR900 was presented. Or maybe just a new colour (looks the same)? http://www.yonex.co.jp/news/2014/05/1405081800.html
    Last edited by demolidor; 06-18-2014 at 07:11 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The listing has both colourways for now hence the confusion (thought it might be flip side), so it is just a new colour for I-Slash as well ... Maybe the N will stand for something else then ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    as someone asked the officer,
    D: How much percentage of failures during QC?

O: The percentage of failures is below 0.05%~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha. you've got me!!
    unfortunately, no. the rackets that being QC were just before the started to stamp the code on the shaft and cone. after all the rackets passed, then went to code for regional distribution...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nemrod View Post
    First of all, thanks for sharing your experience!

Just wondering about the i-SLASH and the Nanoray 400; do you mean they have new designs or something, since they're not actually new models?

I definitely thought of Lin Dan when I saw ZF2LD since that's how they usually name the special editions - with the product code followed by the player initials. ARC11TH, VT80PG, and now ZF2LD.

But I wonder what FLN means... I always figured FL stood for 'for ladies', given the design and that the suitability ratings on the Japanese Yonex site ranks it as very suitable for intermediate and advanced ladies but not suitable at all for men at any level (most other racquets are suitable for both genders in varying degrees). Not sure what N could possibly mean if that's the case though. I guess FL could also have something to do with Toughlex though, since they seem to focus on it in the descriptions both on the Japanese and the international site.

"Voltric 70tune" is a complete mystery to me. Unless it's actually VT70TUNE and TUNE are initials for a doubles pair or something, but I can't think of anyone.
    Most of these model are just redesign maybe, as we were not allowed touch the unfinished products...
    voltric 70tune, the font is small 'tune', not TUNE. it is really complete mystery what's behind it..

ZF2LD stand for LTD maybe? Since the raw material is a completely sealed box and labeled with ZF2..but still in mystery..

N is a neo? because i didn't see on shaft, but on the rackets code..

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast