User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds like a great trip, fiq_axis. You were very fortunate.
    Thank you so much for the report. Well written without revealing any 'dangerous' trade secrets.

Most questions have been already asked by other BC'ers. But there is one left that no one asked:
    Did you get any free samples from the rice cracker factory?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DannyYan View Post
    You import yourselves,not thru their official agents like sunrise,pbsi and that;s the price you get,in this case the price doesnt indicate the level of quality you get.
    Just a bit of correction, PBSI is not an official marketing agent/distributor. They are Indonesian national badminton federation who are doing "so-called" endorsement of Yonex products distributed by Sunrise. Hence, you can see PBSI logo printed on SP coded rackets (I haven't found it on other codes so far) and they have been doing this for about two decades.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great report, fliq_axis!

It took too long for someone to get some this much access. I wish there was more access to these companies, but I guess in time there will be more reports and documentaries. BWF's online videos about the year's highlights and interviews is a good start though.

Owning a VTZF2 myself, that 'LD' definitely intrigued me. Maybe it could be VTZF2LCW and VTZF2LD Highly unlikely.

But it's funny, I can't help but imagine the conversation LD and LCW might have had at that doubles exhibition, where LD had a good look at the VTZF2 in LCW's hand. Liked it so much that he wanted one for himself.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanks, fiq_axis for your interesting report!

I wish we cold have known "from the horse's mouth" what the GS sticker on the JP-coded racquets signified.

On the mysterious VTZF2LD coded racquet, I don't suppose they'd be wanting to introduce a Liew Daren special.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Dang... If your parents ever hold a garage sale, let me know...
    visor, don't forget to inform me too..

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post

I wish we cold have known "from the horse's mouth" what the GS sticker on the JP-coded racquets signified.

On the mysterious VTZF2LD coded racquet, I don't suppose they'd be wanting to introduce a Liew Daren special.
    In what way? It's a consumer safety standard seal of approval iirc (dug it up before) http://www.sg-mark.org/english_1.html
    On one hand it symbolizes quality to the consumer and on the other hand it qualifies the product for compensation from a general fund when a consumer is injured by a product bearing the mark . I thought it makes a plausible explanation for the low recommended max tensions on Yonex rackets; it is probably to pass the SG mark tests ... To be sure, we would have to check out one of the new Mizuno's with high max tensions for a SG mark (or they are just more sturdy and still manage to qualify).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fidget View Post
    That sounds like a great trip, fiq_axis. You were very fortunate.
    Thank you so much for the report. Well written without revealing any 'dangerous' trade secrets.

Most questions have been already asked by other BC'ers. But there is one left that no one asked:
    Did you get any free samples from the rice cracker factory?
    oh yes, I even baked the rice cracker for myself. haha..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    In what way? It's a consumer safety standard seal of approval iirc (dug it up before) http://www.sg-mark.org/english_1.html
    On one hand it symbolizes quality to the consumer and on the other hand it qualifies the product for compensation from a general fund when a consumer is injured by a product bearing the mark . I thought it makes a plausible explanation for the low recommended max tensions on Yonex rackets; it is probably to pass the SG mark tests ... To be sure, we would have to check out one of the new Mizuno's with high max tensions for a SG mark (or they are just more sturdy and still manage to qualify).
    it's a sign of safety right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post

Liew Daren special edition for lost in TC2014. haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phaaam View Post
    Great report, fliq_axis!

It took too long for someone to get some this much access. I wish there was more access to these companies, but I guess in time there will be more reports and documentaries. BWF's online videos about the year's highlights and interviews is a good start though.

Owning a VTZF2 myself, that 'LD' definitely intrigued me. Maybe it could be VTZF2LCW and VTZF2LD Highly unlikely.

But it's funny, I can't help but imagine the conversation LD and LCW might have had at that doubles exhibition, where LD had a good look at the VTZF2 in LCW's hand. Liked it so much that he wanted one for himself.
    still, very very intrigued everyone in BC right now..

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fiq_axis View Post
    it's a sign of safety right?
    Yes SG = Safe Goods; the quality of the racket is good enough to pass the consumer safety test standard (maybe testing for broken rackets, risk of graphite in the eye/hand ) Here is the test procedure /requirements: http://www.sg-mark.org/english_3.html (group 5)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The officer said all rackets are treated same. Every time when one step completed, the QC check will be executed. When I visited at there, there are 9 tables of workers did a QC check on the Arcsaber 9FLN shafts before sent to the paint job process.. and also, at that time, they were aiming of producing 4600 rackets.
    so, do you mean it will be 4600 rackets in one batch, or in one day, or in total for the arcsaber 9FL N?
    it is interesting because I calculated it before and they can make it around 3000-ish racket per day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    so, do you mean it will be 4600 rackets in one batch, or in one day, or in total for the arcsaber 9FL N?
    it is interesting because I calculated it before and they can make it around 3000-ish racket per day
    mixed models in one day. at the times, the vtzf2 in molding process, nanoray 400 in raw spray job, arc9fln in putting the sticker process..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very nice written report on "behind the scene of Yonex". Now that i'm ready to get 2 VT70 old model, knowing the VT70tune is coming up... i guess i should put back the money into the bank.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

mixed models in one day. at the times, the vtzf2 in molding process, nanoray 400 in raw spray job, arc9fln in putting the sticker process..
    well, it looks like they are trying to increase their production rate
    is this means their capability of producing racket lacking (thus aiming for higher production rate), or is there a lot for demand for new rackets?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    well, it looks like they are trying to increase their production rate
    is this means their capability of producing racket lacking (thus aiming for higher production rate), or is there a lot for demand for new rackets?
    At 4000 a day, that's at least 1.04 million racquets produced per year. Not too shabby.
    And then you add the stuff coming out from Taiwan and China....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JP code more exp cos compulsory to go thru additional quality check in order to get SG mark? Sounds reasonable to me.
    Otherwise, I would choose to believe that the variance of the JP coded racq is smaller (eg. For 3U, it could be 88+/-1g, compared to others 88+/-2g). Both are still 3U and technically still the "same".

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast