Yonex Niigata Factory Official Visit Report

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by fiq_axis, Jun 15, 2014.

1. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

Hi,

I was lucky. Lucky enough to get this chance. Once in my life. That's is....

able to visit the factory of all high end rackets are made. Just two countries able to visit it, Malaysia and India.

As a long long time Yonex die hard fans, I watch the making of Voltric Z Force 2 in front of my eyes..

Not only that, they are many new models are in making.

Want know what are the models?

Stay tuned for full report once I back in Malaysia in next two days!!

2. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Looking forward to your full account of your visit! :)

3. bos_dc2

bos_dc2 Regular Member

*brings popcorn*

Nice!

4. visor

visor Regular Member

Pics and videos please!

5. Lemollin

Lemollin Regular Member

Looking forward for yonex new models, pics please :D

6. Cillu

Cillu Regular Member

Racquet Tech
    Delicious news. I can't wait!

7. wswong3128

wswong3128 Regular Member

Contracts Manager
    good to hear that...

8. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    ^^^ This! :)

9. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

That is very impossible. As I signed an agreement that there would be no videos and pictures can be taken. However, I will describe it in very simple word. The full report will be A to Z. ;)

10. Slayer74

Slayer74 Regular Member

Don't get me wrong, you sign an agreement on no vid or pic but you can tell us the new models in the making? It's as good as taking the pic. If what you say is true, you may want to be carefully on what you reveal. There could be legal implication against you due to your agreement made with them. Like I said no offense just wanted to share my experience on matters related to P&C issues.

11. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

Yes, I know. But the model is on shelf and they are purposely showed it to us. So, if they are not letting us to see it, why would they allow Malaysia team enter the factory. I think it would be no problems as long no pictures and videos.

12. Slayer74

Slayer74 Regular Member

No worries, just keeping a look out for fellow BCer

13. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

Thanks mate. In report I will upload the agreement that I signed. Thanks again.

14. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

Not so good enough report. :eek::eek::p:p

Hi and good evening to all.

This is me, Fiq_axis. Member of Badminton Central since schoolhood and a very die hard fans of Yonex.
    3 days before 2014 Thomas Cup ended, I received a call from my lecturer that I was invited to watch 2014 Yonex Japan Open by JICE which is a part of Japan Government. I was thanked to God for granted my dream since kid. When I received the handbook, I was told to bring badminton racquets along with me as I will have a friendly match with High School Student and Japan National Player at there. That’s still wasn’t able to shock me up.

I read more, and saw something very interesting me. Entitled Industrial Visit; Yonex Niigata Badminton Factory. Whooa, this was something that unexpected by me earlier. After received the second confirmation by the Japanese embassy via my university, I packed my things up along with my spirit to Japan.

The activity was on 9th June to 17th June 2014. The first day I arrived at Japan is checking in Hotel and being handed an agreement paper which stated that during the visit, no videos and pictures taking at the factory. I signed with my passion on Yonex. Second day is at 1st round of Japan Open 2014, I met with many players, somehow unable to meet my national hero; Datuk Lee Chong Wei. Pretty sad thing on me.

The 3rd day was riding Shinkansen (Bullet Train) to Niigata. I was pumped up. The distance from Tokyo to Niigata is about 400+ KM, it took only one hour by riding this train. I stepped my first step at Niigata, where the first Yonex Factory 1st established. But, when I arrived at there, we went to Senbei rice cracker. Haha, funny, but still waiting for Yonex.

The next day, I woke up with passion again. On the way going to the factory, we were provided a company presentation slide, contained the information of the factory, how to make racket, the compound and etc.

We took around one hour from the hotel. Once reached Niigata Industrial Area, there’s a two Yonex factory. First is headquarter for production and the second is the manufacturer of badminton racquets. We arrived at the first HQ which was welcomed us and showed us to the meeting room. At there, we were being explained about the existence of this company and the process of making a badminton racquets.

After briefing, we were headed to the manufacturer factory. At there, the entrance is the process of cutting raw materials such as the technology mentioned by Yonex such as Carbon Bla bla bla… and once the cutting process is finish, it’s will go to the molding process, which make the soft carbon structure harder. (I skip this part). When I arrived at the painting process, I noticed 3 new models in making, and a raw material which contain code (VTZF2LD). I tried to approach those 3 models, but the officer was blocking me because it’s unfinished yet. Then, when we arrived at the final painting, I saw Arcsaber 9FL N. Which is in white, pink and olive green. The paint job is almost identical to current Arcsaber 11, Arcsaber FlashBoost and Arcsaber Z Slash. I was surprised. And I approached to another model; which held the name of Voltric.

It’s Voltric 70tune. I don’t know what ‘tune’ meant for. The color is white, black and gray. Which more stylish than old VT70. I walked toward another model; Nanoray 400. The design is so-so. So, I decide just took a few look and went to a bunch of Arcsaber 11. At there, Arcsaber 11, Nanospeed 9900, Voltric Z Force are in SP, JP, IP, TW, HK, CH and almost other codes. They are in same shelves but different rows. One more racquet that interest me in is new Arcsaber I Slash. The color is in white also. When the visit was almost over, we were given 20 minutes of Q&A sessions.

Me: Sumimasen, shitsumonga arimasu! (excuse me, I have questions!)

Officer: Yes?

Me: Why are 3U Flash Boost exists? In website just showed F and 5U?
    (They seems whispering in Japanese) I had no idea what were they talking about.

O : sorry, there is no 3U Arcsaber Flash Boost. We are just making F and 5U only.

Me: How come? Carsten Mogensen gave me one. Denmark Player. (He never gave it to me). Lol

O : Mogensen gave you one? Oh, if player issued, we can make any specs they wanted but he (players) must meet our requirements first. Same goes as shoes, and shirts.

Me: I see. Another question can?

O: (They laughed) Yes, what is it?

Me: Why you made 24lbs tension for Nanoray 900? As for consumer, such 24lbs is not enough even for recreational players.

O: We make the racquet tension warranty based on racquets playing style. If the racquets is for control and speed, we decided to put 19-24lbs only because it’s fit to recreational player. For power such as Voltric Z Force 2 which is 28, we warranted at that because it’s for pro players.

Me: I would like to suggest that please increase the tension higher. I am Yonex fan, used Yonex since 6 years old. I would like to see Yonex is in 30lbs.

O: hurm.. we will discuss it in next meeting. Thanks for your suggestions.

Me: I have another questions. ( I started to felt like I am bugging them) Lol. What is the difference of the codes?

O: Nothing. Just as the code where we are going to send them later. You can see for yourself that the racquets is in same shelf. No racism instead. All of high end racquets are produced in here.

Me: I have another question~

Translator : Sorry, the time for Q&A is over. So, thanks for them bla bla bla bla. . . . . . .

We took a pictures and the trip was ended.
    It was a very exciting trip. :D

So, in conclusion:
    New models are Arcsaber I Slash, Voltric 70tune, Arcsaber 9FLN, Nanoray 400 and Voltric ZF2LD in production.
    Thanks, you can ask any questions. :D

#14 fiq_axis, Jun 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
    pepe54 likes this.
  15. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Are you sure about the "LD"? Could it be "Ltd." as for limited. Otherwise it could stand for Lin Dan, surely that thing would sell like crazy. :D

Nice story, anyway. :)

16. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

100% sure, because on the mysterious box written VTZF2 / VTZF2LD. maybe shorten Ltd?

17. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Could be. But one moment I was thinking of Lin Dan and all the fuss about his mysterious black racket.

18. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

19. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

1. I don't know, maybe different item material affect playing style?? (Based from what officer said to me; we can make a specific racquet based on what player's demand.)
    2. Yes. Because based on what I saw, racquets are on the same shelf but different region code only..

20. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

Yes, me too. intrigued me for while. maybe VTZF2LTD too long codename?