Stringing 2 knots or 4 knots

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Ferrerkiko, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Hi Fans: I would like to check with you all , the difference of stringing 2 and 4 knots. which is better for stringing high tension of 30 which will not damage the rackets. Top 10 ranking professional players rackets are string 2 or 4 knots? ..

Thanks.

2. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

I believe that most professional stringers string with 4 knots (2 pieces), so I believe that that's better, but don't take my word for it.

3. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Ok , how about which is better, to retend tension , and also not break easily ?

4. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    Use the search function before posting, this has been discussed many many MANY times.

The answer: It does not matter

5. mater

mater Regular Member

Nomad
    It boils down to what you learn from the beginning and also what you are comfortable with. I do the Haribito around the world 2 knot stringing, because I learnt it early in my stringing practices and it's what I stuck with.

More important than top down, bottom up, 2 piece, 1 piece, is the consistency, quality, and attention to detail of the stringer.

6. T.O.P

T.O.P Regular Member

Defenitely 4 knots.

There's a diff between 2 knots & 4 knots.

4 knots stringer tension less lose than 2 knots in fact. 2 knots tension lose can be found after few games.
    If you trying to save your frame shape. Use 4 knots. 2 knots would be dangerous and harmful for your racket's frame running out of shape. :)

7. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Ferrerkiko, without being disrespectiful, but given you have been on the forum for over 6 years surely the probability is on your side to have seen at least one of the 1,082,909 discussions about this topic?

8. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Sorry i didn't notice on stringing 2 or 4 knots, I just say string 28-30 ., the stringer will do for me !

9. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    I thought we were safe from ferrerkiko's nonsense in the stringing forum.

10. sengsong

sengsong New Member

electrican
    Interesting point my friend..
    Care to explain why 4 knot lose less tension over 2 knot.
    When you do 4 knot. You lose tension on 3 tie of knot and not the starting knot.
    2 knot. Only lose tension on 2 tie of knot.
    The reason why pro stringer do 4 knot at the tournament because it the easy and faster way to string a racket. less string to move around. more money in there pocket.
    Just my 2 cent. sorry if i upset any body.

11. demonderrick

demonderrick Regular Member

I must say I agree more with sengsong's point..

in addition to the frame shape thing, you have to specify which 2 knots and 4 knots string pattern you are using... If you are comparing SZ pattern to the Yonex downside-up pattern, they are basically the same to the frame protection!! I doubt it will make any difference in terms of frame shape.

In addition to the top 10 players's string pattern, basically those players can't make the decision since they are sponsored/signed player, they have to use whatever that company wants them use. Yes, I am talking about Yonex, they have signed more top-10-players compare to other companies. Plus, Yonex only has the 4 knots pattern, therefore, it is not fair to come to a conclusion that 4 knots pattern is better.