User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hrm,

You should try putting deodorant all over your body and arms!! lol

i wouldnt recommend it though, because using deodorant is bad for you.. asborbing aluminum heavy metals.. eeeeeeeeeep
    !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I too, suffer from this sweaty palms. My palms sometime sweat for no apparent reason at all. All I do is wipe it though, not much I can do, unless surgery, but I, like most aren't willing to go that route.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes as i mentioned b4 i have dis prob, its a sweating disorder dat causes excessive sweating, on the palms, armpits and also feet aswell. so u guys can get a image of wut it looks like, imagine ur hands rite afta u wash it in water.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by 123justin
    Spray anti-perspirant on the inside of your palms?
    I've tried:
    different grips - towel is best, if you don't mind the frequent changes

anti-perspirant on the hands - Doesn't last long enough.

ten-pin bowling hand conditioner (the little hand sacks)

Physio-Sport Grip - a liquid which you rub into your hands and it dries and gives you a slightly tacky grip but also clogs up the pores to prevent sweating. Doesn't last long enough, and doesn't work on hands that are already sweaty

Gym Chalk - the best

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe the correct term is (in this case) is "palmers hyperhydrosis", stats show that 1 in 10 people suffer from hyperhydrosis of somesort;

i believe they have medication and such to control the amount of sweating, but surgury sounds a little extreme;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kgen4 I believe the correct term is (in this case) is "palmers hyperhydrosis", stats show that 1 in 10 people suffer from hyperhydrosis of somesort
    I think that's the medical term cuz I know two people who have this and one of them plays badminton. The way I understand it is that normally our hands sweat a little bit, but their hands, well sweat a lot very quickly.

My badminton friend used sports tape at one point to maintain traction with his racquet handle... I've also seen him play with paper towels wrapped around the handle... though that's pretty ghetto

yeah, surgery sounds really extreme... I'm not sure what the procedure entails.. but hands tend to be very complicated due to the fact that a lot of nerves go there...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kgen4 I believe the correct term is (in this case) is "palmers hyperhydrosis", stats show that 1 in 10 people suffer from hyperhydrosis of somesort
    I think that's the medical term cuz I know two people who have this and one of them plays badminton. The way I understand it is that normally our hands sweat a little bit, but their hands, well sweat a lot very quickly.

My badminton friend used sports tape at one point to maintain traction with his racquet handle... I've also seen him play with paper towels wrapped around the handle... though that's pretty ghetto

yeah, surgery sounds really extreme... I'm not sure what the procedure entails.. but hands tend to be very complicated due to the fact that a lot of nerves go there...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi there....actually there's this little thing that can make u stop producing sweat...it comes in a roll-on bottle...it used to treat people suffering from sweaty palms and feet...all u need to do is just roll it on your palms b4 u go to bed....and your palms will be super dry for the next few days...then u need to reapply again...but u have to apply it evenly or else u will get sweat from the areas that u missed....there are side effects for sensitive skin...u will get redness and inflamed palms...anyway the stuff did the job for me...

As for surgery...my friend went for one...the did the surgery just below your armpits..believe me...u will get more sweat from other parts of your body..my friend now sweats excessively from his chest...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hands get a bit sweaty while playing; I just use Ashaway's grip powder. It works very well and is reasonably priced.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

get botox injections

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

musicboy 76

does dat roll on thing really stops ur hand sweating for the whole day, if so its worth a try. but does dis it work for really sweaty palms and feet, like dripping sweaty

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You may want to try alternative types of grips. I went through many different brands before settling on the one I use now.

another thing I do is to have 3 racquets (of the same model) with the gripped wrapped exactly the same way, and strings of same type and tension.

So if one racquet gets slippery, just change to another. Have a towel ready as well.
    Change of racquets used to affect me, but now, all I do is just pick up one racquet of the 3 and get on with the game.

My gym is around 28-30 degrees celcius in the summer, with sometimes >90% humidity so you can imagine the problems with perspiration...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi there Average...

gee i dunno abt dripping wet kinda sweating but for my case scenario, I will wet a piece of paper if i hold on to it for like 3 minutes.....the roll on did the job for me...ur palms will be super duper dry but it will feel a little weird at first especially if u dont cover all areas and miss some....some patches of your palm will be wet and some will be very dry.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thx musicboy76, guess this roll on thing may not help too much cuz once mine starts sweating u can gimme 3secs and the paper towel will be soaked, but ill give it a try neways
    jus 1 more Q tho dis roll on is not ordinary deodarent roll on is it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi there...it's not like the deodorant roll-on...it looks like one but it's a bit longer...white in colour...the liquid inside is colourless, odourless

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use the "chalk" used at wall or cliff climbing. I think it was magnesium oxide or something, it can absorb sweat. spray it on your grip

just talk to your friend who loves wall climbing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2