User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Spider stringing pattern from TBSSA

Dear BC stringing group members, I'd like to share a stringing pattern with you all.

I recently joined a group called Taiwan Badminton Stringer and Services Association (TBSSA) and found the Spider stringing pattern from the group.

A brief introduction of TBSSA: TBSSA is a newly formed group and lead by Dr. T.C. Liang. The group is formed by enthusiasts who plays badminton and stringing regularly. The goal of the group is to promote the stringing to general public and lead researches in various aspects in stringing.

The Spider stringing pattern is a one string- two knots stringing pattern. The main advantage of Spider pattern is Zero or very slightly frame distortion when stringing. This provides good protection on the racket when stringing.

String length needed: I use a 10 meter package and made short end roughly 4.25~4.5 racket length and leave the rest for the long end.

Annotation in chart: Red is long end; Blue is short end. Black are the tie locations.

Name:  蜘蛛穿線法72孔.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  100.8 KBName:  蜘蛛穿線法76孔-2.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  93.9 KB

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

very interesting.

Dr. Liang also participate in this forum every now and then.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that the only benefit? I'm looking at that and thinking that stringing really shouldn't be that fussy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@dbswansea : I believe minimum distortion is one of the main advantages of this pattern. Some other advantages include (1) Because of the 3 layers of around the world, racket frame is protected at weak spots. This is good when stringing at very high tension (2) Sweat spot crosses are top-down for people who like the feel of stringbed when it's strung this way (3) Seems only need one tension for both main and cross (4) Only need to deal with one covered hole in 76 hole pattern.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just strung my ARC Z-Slash with this method at 23lbs, though it's quite complicated but I liked it. I agree with @wlotus about the advantages of this method.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please note. DO NOT use this method for any Yonex racquet under warranty as it is not recommended.
    1) Not sure about your claim. May be for the new string pattern on the newer style racquet. But for the older style, it actually add unbalanced stress on the left of the racquet as you can see there are 3 over laps between c8-c11 and one below.
    2) If you like the feeling, why not just use 4 knot with top down
    3) Agree
    4) Yes. But more blocked hole in top racquet.
    For old string pattern, I would not recommend this pattern. For newer pattern, try at your own risk.