Peter Gade and his style

Discussion in 'Denmark Professional Players' started by Morten, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Morten

Morten Regular Member

for the past 7 years we have seen one of the perhaps greates and most charismatic players on court in form of Peter Gade. His amazing footwork, speed and technique makes him a golden star on court but his personality is also worth taking a look on. His always smilling and shows sportmanship when confronting his opponents. His injury made him struggle for over a year but now he seems to have found the way back in an age of 27. Before his injury he made a lot of jump smashes and rushed to the net, but is it me that is wrong when i say he has chanced his style to a more all round player and is that succesful for a player like him, in my opinion his attacking style was amazing when he mixed it with his technique but now im not sure about if this new style can give him his former strengh back?

SystemicAnomaly likes this.
  2. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    I am waiting for all the debates to come in. This is bound to be exciting! ;)

3. unregistered

unregistered Regular Member

he uses cross court slice... and delays the shuttle to hit to the baseline.

4. cheekygen

cheekygen Regular Member

The world badminton standard were effected by the 7 points system used few years ago . Before the 7 point system , a player in form able to win two conservative tournaments but it's all changed after the 7 point system where anything can happen and everyone have the equal chance to score an upset........ this condition of inconsistency continued till today..... and we hardly see any player able to win 2 tournaments in a row except for Lin Dan's recent win is Swiss and AE . Adopting to 7 points and then back to 15 points again certainly change some of the player's playing style.......

Peter gade is a talented and have the attitude of a true champion .Before he injured his knee , he was a fast attacking player with sharp killing weapons and superior fittness . Unfortunately , he injured his knee and the injury keep him from competitive tournament for more than a year . It is amazing that he able to made such a remarkable come back after being injured for a year . Of course , the injury will effect his movement on court especially jumping and maybe his age also influenced his change of style of play . As Lin Dan said Peter Gade has the fire but he's not as fit and strong as he was few years before . I would say Peter Gade is wise ...... he know that he could not play the fast pace attacking style as he used to due to his injury and fitness so perhaps changing his style to a more variable ,all round player will benefit for his game . Many players adopt this kind of game successfully such as Sun Jun , Ardi Winarata , Poul-Erik,Fung Permadi and Hendrawan and they tend to survive a longer career compare to fast pace attacking style player such as Heryanto Arbi , Dong Jiong , .......... and the fast attacking players are in risk of injury because their trainning require a lots of jumping and sprints.

Peter Gade's performance in AE shown that he had the fire and spirit to win but he still lacking or should i say still searching for his touch of his game....... that small thing that he have to find will determine his success in his come back and perhaps will be greater than before.........