Thomas & Uber Cup in Melbourne

Discussion in 'Thomas/Uber Cup 2002' started by Ah Wong, Feb 20, 2002.

1. Ah Wong

Ah Wong Regular Member

I am new to this forum. Located in Singapore.

Kindly advise anyway to view this event? TV converage? Internet?

Thank you.

2. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Just been to Thomas & Uber Cup tonight.

For everybody's information - badminton is not a big sport here in Australia so in terms of media coverage is non-existent, despite the world class players present, and best efforts of local organisers. And the following brief report is based on my observation tonight and is by no means an official review of the event. I will endeavour to find out who's organizing offical results and reports so a official event report can be view by all interested.

Nonetheless, it was held at my local club, Albert Park Sports and Aquatic Centre where Australian F1 Grand Prix will be held next week. From my observation most of the visiting players were more amazed by the pre grand prix trackside preparation than our sporting facilities. Today we had high 30's in the morning before major rain storm in the afternoon with a significant drop in temperature, which greatly improved player's comfort.

Tonight's draw witnessed Japan doing a demolition job on us unfortunate Australian players in Thomas Cup and similar defeat of Australian players in the hands of Indonesian team in Uber cup. Indonesia had the most vocal support of all teams where supporting spectators filled a full stand. Other teams participating were Korea and Thailand (Uber Cup) and Singapore vs Hong Kong (Thomas Cup)

MATCH RESULT TO BE UPDATED
    <ends>

3. audy

audy Guest

it was a delayed telecast on malaysian tv channel. i am not sure about s'pore.