User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so i refuse to believe the hype that badminton shoes are always better for badminton, I got my self some air jordan mid bball shoes.

well modern generation bball shoes are light ... very breathable and provides great grip. I am sure everyone has watch NBA game before live or on TV (preferably live) if you watch how they move and hear the shoes contact the court you know that they are pushing the boundries of traction and there is a lot of side movement especially when they are dribbling around someone guarding them.

I tried bball shoes and and i did some badminton footwork in them and it felt comfortable. I thought that they would feel heavy but they are not. It quite light.

but everyone has their opinion of course ... i looked for alternatives because badminton shoes are not easily available in new york ... and i need to try my shoes before buying them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I play basketball and badminton, I own many pairs of ball and badminton shoes. I've been trying to substitute my Yonex/Victor/LiNing with Nike/adidas due to the cooler design of the BBall shoes.

In my experience, badminton shoes have thinner layer of midsole compared to basketball shoes. They are lower to the ground for badminton quicker responses. BBall shoes are higher off the ground making them less stable, especially when there is air bags underneath (yes, that also includes zoom air). I even tried adidas with puremotion tech which is probably the lowest to the ground to date, still I felt badminton shoes are more stable. The shoes I tried were low cut Basketball shoes such as kobe 5 and adidas puremotion low.

On the other hand when I play ball using badminton shoes, they were not as good as ball shoes. Movement-wise, badminton shoes are quite good. However, the midsole cannot absorb as well during jumps especially on rebounds. Also when I made cuts, the shoes felt too minimalist to handle the body weight.

I have learned my lesson. I always try to use the correct shoes for the correct sports whenever I can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Specific Shoes for the sport

As I play basketball and badminton, I own many pairs of ball and badminton shoes. I've been trying to substitute my Yonex/Victor/LiNing with Nike/adidas due to the cooler design of the BBall shoes.

In my experience, badminton shoes have thinner layer of midsole compared to basketball shoes. They are lower to the ground for badminton quicker responses. BBall shoes are higher off the ground making them less stable, especially when there is air bags underneath (yes, that also includes zoom air). I even tried adidas with puremotion tech which is probably the lowest to the ground to date, still I felt badminton shoes are more stable. The shoes I tried were low cut Basketball shoes such as kobe 5 and adidas puremotion low.

On the other hand when I play ball using badminton shoes, they were not as good as ball shoes. Movement-wise, badminton shoes are quite good. However, the midsole cannot absorb as well during jumps especially on rebounds. Also when I made cuts, the shoes felt too minimalist to handle the body weight.

I have learned my lesson. I always try to use the correct shoes for the correct sports whenever I can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine lin dan and kobe bryant switching shoes right now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree wif bcers dat individual sports shoes have their niche.i tried once using baddy shoes for futsal, the sole came off.recently, played volleyball wif walkin shoes, nw paying the price nursing a ruptured ligament at the ankle. no badminton for 2 mths!!! so best is to stick to baddy shoes, forget abt multi-purpose all in one.it is simply nt worth it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty new to both badminton and basketball, but I mostly just started playing basketball with one of my friends a couple months ago. I feel like I could use the same pair of shoes for both just fine. I found this site http://www.squidoo.com/best-basketball-shoes-men and I'm considering buying the air jordan fly wade's but I was hoping to get some feedback first because I want them to last a while. Any help would be great, thanks guys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2