FA Stringing Pattern from TBSSA

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by wlotus, Jun 30, 2014.

1. wlotus

wlotus Regular Member

Dear BC stringers,

Here is FA pattern that I found from TBSSA (Taiwan Badminton Stringer and Services Association). The advantage of this pattern is to help prevent rackets crack at 4/8 o'clock when stringing cross from top to bottom in sweet spot area.

This is a 1 string 2 knots method. Blue is for short end and Red is for long end of the string. Step 9, 16, and 26 are temporary hold with starting clamp.

I hope you enjoy it. :)

FA穿線法72孔-2.jpg
    FA穿線法76孔.jpg

2. tcliang

tcliang Regular Member

University Professor
    Although a little complicate, but worth to try. It is very good for racket frame protection when stringing as well as playable.

3. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

why is there a string going from d8 to b8 when its tied off before it goes across?

4. wlotus

wlotus Regular Member

[MENTION=86196]craigandy[/MENTION]: Please ignore that D8-B8 string. I'm not good at Photoshop to take that string off from the chart.

5. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Ok no worries, just because could not read the writing, but assumed it was tie off so was just checking. Did you find the bed to be a lot more lively to justify this more complicated way of stringing? looks like you have to go in and out of a lot of grommets that are covered by string with tension.

6. demonderrick

demonderrick Regular Member

It's more relevant to stringer's skill and passing through covered holes issue is not worse than any other patterns....

7. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

(The pattern?) is more relevant to stringers skill? what do you mean? just for fun, no benefit or something else?

On the other point with the 76 hole I count 8 times pass the string past tensioned string on the outside of frame, not that it's a massive issue but with the way I string only 2 time. Yonex string pattern depending on waiting to tie off mains before doing first couple crosses only 4 times.
    So twice or four times worse an issue than those 2 methods anyway.

8. wlotus

wlotus Regular Member

I think what demonderrick meant is that the lively feel of a string bed is more relevant to a stringer's skill.

I strung this pattern the other day with a 76 hole racket and ZM65 with 24 pound main and 26 pound cross. I don't feel much trouble for covered holes when comparing to Yonex pattern. Unfortunately, regarding to the lively feel of this pattern, I can't answer the question since I'm currently injured and haven't play for a while. I would assume the feel should be close to the pattern that does sweet spot area top-down methods. Like I mentioned in my original post, the main benefit of this pattern is to protect 4/8 o'clock when stringing a pattern which has top-down, sweet spot first for cross.

9. demonderrick

As the pattern goes, it is a upside down pattern, so, the bed is similar or same to any other upside down pattern that starting strinning from the sweet spot. I like this pattern simply because it is a upside down instead of downside up pattern.

How a stringer does the job matters more about the bed, therefore, I believe it is more relevant to stringer's skill to make the bed lively.

For the covered holes problem, there are 2 ways I look at it. First, the 2/10 o'clock position, for 76 holes, there are so little room left for the covered holes, therefore, I usually leave a short string (the leftover from last string job) in between the tensioned string and covered hole, so, I could use a starting gripper to move the existed short string up or down to make it easier for the string work. It shouldn't take more than 5-10 seconds for it. Second, for other covered holes that have more room, I simply use my finger to push the tensioned string up or down for further string work, therefore, I don't find it a problem to me since it is just a matter of seconds..... But, when it is being stringed over 27p, I won't use my finger to move the tensioned string since it may be too hard to do so, then, I will copy my first way, simply leave a short string in between to solve the problem. That is why I find it no worse than any other patterns. Well, just my 2 cents opinion.

10. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

To wlotus,
    You know this method is for fly clamp only, right? For pro stringer who use fix clamps only, this is not going to work.

11. demonderrick

This pattern doesn't require a fly clamp but a starting gripper, I tried it a couple times already..

12. Kevinchong77

Kevinchong77 New Member

may i know how string length for the long and short side?