User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 100minus View Post
    Once i went from NBG98 to AP62 on 300mm racket and racket felt noticeably lighter and faster. But the thinner string i feel not so good for smashing than thicker string. So now i'm trying in opposite direction.
    Seriously? I tot thinner string more repulsive & power??? Different string you tried on same racket ????

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously? I tot thinner string more repulsive & power??? Different string you tried on same racket ????
    According this string simulator http://www.wirestrungharp.com/materi...alculator.html

Elastic Potential Energy increases at a defined elongation of the string, when the string gets thinner and/or tension gets higher and/or string gets longer and/or modulus
    of elasticity gets lower.

So thinner strings should have a higher power potential than thicker strings.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Once i went from NBG98 to AP62 on 300mm racket and racket felt noticeably lighter and faster. But the thinner string i feel not so good for smashing than thicker string. So now i'm trying in opposite direction.
    in what way was it not so good?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Repulsion and power is different, i think.
    Repulsion = "defensive push back", power/smashing = "hitting an almost stationary object".
    For smash and strokes, i prefer the feel of a more solid surface achieved by thicker strings.
    Sometimes i would have some strokes with my brother who is newbish but physically very strong. I pass him my rackets to use as he doesn't own any. One time i gave him two rackets, one with very thick string and the other normal string and both same stiffness, and being on the other side of the court i can see the thicker string produces much more hitting power.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So is it Thin string = fast swing speed & lighter head feeling ? I tot swing speed convert your smash power ? That's how NS9900 can smash a world records with light head. It's about swing speed. thicker string heavier I agreed with you. Since I tried. It's Slightly heavier. But not enough to affect BP for me.
    Thinner String you can feel the shuttlecock more. But Thick string = Durability that's for sure. Why not choose medium String ? Like 0.68 that's perfect works I think.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2