Advice needed

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Gumball, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Gumball

Gumball Regular Member

Student
    Hi guys,

I'm currently using a Victor Super Waves 36 racket for half a year now. So far it has served me well and I have been using it for all my badminton sessions. Well, I know there isn't a need to buy new rackets every now and then but recently I started looking at the new rackets and felt like getting one. :crying:

Personally, I would like to try a more flexible racket. I think the SW 36 is already light enough so there's isn't a need to get a lighter one? (Correct me if I am wrong.)

Any advise would be appreciated. After all, I personally feel there isn't a need to change but just feel like adding 1 more to my collection. haha.

2. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Maybe try a victor mx60, it's flexible and a very quick frame.

3. ridiculousradis

ridiculousradis New Member

I'm not an expert but I guess it all depends on your playing style and experience (singles/doubles, offensive/defensive). Your racquet is stiff and I'm not sure why you'd want to try a flexible one. If your technique is good enough to utilise the potential of a stiff shaft then a flexible one could seem a downgrade in playing experience. I recently played a bit with Yonex Nanoray 700 FX and the experience was great. It's medium stiff and feels very light and manoeuvrable.

4. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    yonex voltric 60?

5. ahcash

ahcash Regular Member

I've tried Super Wave 36 and I don't think it's light though ..

6. Gumball

Gumball Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for all the replies!

Hmm, I did my homework and I guessed I got everything wrong. I thought trying a more flexible racket would be a good thing to do. There is so much to read on about racket specs.. Anyway, I feel I am able to handle the stiffness of the SW 36 so I doubt I would look for a flexible one.

I would like to look at a racket just to add to my collection. Would like to enquire about these 2 rackets:
    - Victor BS 12
    - Apacs virtuoso performance

I read many reviews about this 2 in this forum and they generally received good reviews.
    I have been reading up about rackets that are 'head-heavy'. Is it worth getting one and try?

7. Gumball

Gumball Regular Member

Student
    What are some of the rackets that are lighter than SW 36 but with similar stiffness? I can't seem to find any SW 36 spec on the internet so I don't really know what 'U' does the racket falls under. I'm guessing is 3U?