User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nike shox propulsion shoe for badminton

Hi Guys,

I am looking for badminton shoes but the gumsole shoes here in my do not fit me. I am currently using bball shoes to play baddy. My question Is it ok to use the Nike shox propulsion for badminton? It is a cross trainer shoe with non marking outsole. thanks for the help.

http://sport.kelkoo.co.uk/sitesearch...hox+propulsion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't think they are stable enough to prevent you from twisting yor ankle. also they have no protection on the toe area for lunges.

if you want a black or just more fashy shoe than the white asics or yonex shoes try hi-tecs ( www.hi-tec.com )
    maybe this model:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No your foot has to be as low and flat to the floor for stability and safety reasons, the shox are like wearing a ladies kitten heel (not that I've tried) but they lift your heel up and put stress on the foot.

Those hi-tek are ideal trainers, look in hte reviews section. Not only can you find a fasionable trainer in badminton stores nowdays they will be much cheaper that nike shox!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems to me that the Nike Shox are gonna keep your feet pretty high off the ground. You're just gonna roll on your ankle and end up injurying yourself.

If none of the Yonex / Hi-Tec badminton shoes fit you, perhaps you can look into some Mizuno or Asics volleyball shoes? Their soles are still a little high for my likings, but at least they aren't as bad as your Nike Shox.

-Rick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Nike shox propulsion shoe for badminton

Originally posted by Ethan__24
    Hi Guys,

I am looking for badminton shoes but the gumsole shoes here in my do not fit me. I am currently using bball shoes to play baddy. My question Is it ok to use the Nike shox propulsion for badminton? It is a cross trainer shoe with non marking outsole. thanks for the help.

http://sport.kelkoo.co.uk/sitesearch...hox+propulsion
    Why do u want to pay more for a non badminton shoe to play badminton?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by schrumpl
    i don't think they are stable enough to prevent you from twisting yor ankle. also they have no protection on the toe area for lunges.

if you want a black or just more fashy shoe than the white asics or yonex shoes try hi-tecs ( www.hi-tec.com )
    maybe this model:
    I dont think hi-tec shoes are available in the Philippines. I'll try to look for them though. I hope they have my size.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Traum
    It seems to me that the Nike Shox are gonna keep your feet pretty high off the ground. You're just gonna roll on your ankle and end up injurying yourself.

If none of the Yonex / Hi-Tec badminton shoes fit you, perhaps you can look into some Mizuno or Asics volleyball shoes? Their soles are still a little high for my likings, but at least they aren't as bad as your Nike Shox.

-Rick
    Hi Rick, Whats the difference between volleyball shoes and cross trainer shoes? What about Adidas? I think they have shoes with my size.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Re: Nike shox propulsion shoe for badminton

Originally posted by cooler
    Why do u want to pay more for a non badminton shoe to play badminton?
    Its not that I want to pay more, Its just that Im looking for a shoe that will fit me. Unfortunately badminton shoes dont. So I'm looking for good cross trainer shoes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Ethan__24
    Hi Rick, Whats the difference between volleyball shoes and cross trainer shoes? What about Adidas? I think they have shoes with my size.
    I'm no expert on shoes. The volleyball shoes would probably have gum soles instead of the standard stuff that you find with other sneakers, thereby offering you some better traction on the courts. I would also assume that a pair of well-designed vball shoes would employ some pretty decent shock dispersion methods.

Perhaps other fellow members from the forum can shed some light on this? (Are you reading this thread, timeless? wood22chuck?

-Rick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

try the adidas downroar, nice shoes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by iameddy
    try the adidas downroar, nice shoes.
    one ugly shoe (IMO)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I resurrected my Asics Typhoon! Previously I had the original insole plus Superfeet insole together. I now removed the original insoles and have only the Superfeet ones. I'm much more confident in this configuration.

Asics Typhoon are volleyball shoes, and are really, really awesome in shock dispersion, when bounding from the backcourt to retrieve drops at the front. Landing from a "bound" either on your heel, or coming to a dead stop on your toes with this shoes are comfortable without transmitting the stress to your knees.

I'm still wary about lateral movements though, but have much more confidence with only one insole.

These shoes have non-marking soles, despite having crosstrainer-type soles.

-dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Traum

-Rick

There's more to the Nike SHOX than you think

shox are very good for stability becasue the SHOX columns are place on the very edge of the shoes and they are very firm (better than any other cushioning), and the inside SHOX columns are scored and curved, so it's very hard to roll your ankles

that's for basketball SHOX, but I assume cross-training SHOX have the same technology

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ethan, try the nike multicourt IV. i believe they have big sizes. asics and mizunos have big sizes as well. im using an asics gum sole shoe myself.

the adidas climacool response has been getting good local reviews as well. theyre available at the adidas store in the powerplant mall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by quagmire
    ethan, try the nike multicourt IV. i believe they have big sizes. asics and mizunos have big sizes as well. im using an asics gum sole shoe myself.

the adidas climacool response has been getting good local reviews as well. theyre available at the adidas store in the powerplant mall.
    Hey thanks quagmire. I'll look at it. I dont think the nike stadium in powerplant have that model though. I'm gonna try to loot at the nike rufino. heard they're having a sale right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by whacker
    There's more to the Nike SHOX than you think

shox are very good for stability becasue the SHOX columns are place on the very edge of the shoes and they are very firm (better than any other cushioning), and the inside SHOX columns are scored and curved, so it's very hard to roll your ankles

that's for basketball SHOX, but I assume cross-training SHOX have the same technology
    hhmmmmmm ......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seems to make sense. You need a lot of lateral stablity for basketball.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast