Nike shox propulsion shoe for badminton

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Ethan__24, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Ethan__24

Ethan__24 Regular Member

2. schrumpl

schrumpl Regular Member

i don't think they are stable enough to prevent you from twisting yor ankle. also they have no protection on the toe area for lunges.

if you want a black or just more fashy shoe than the white asics or yonex shoes try hi-tecs ( www.hi-tec.com )
    maybe this model:

Attached Files:

3. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    No your foot has to be as low and flat to the floor for stability and safety reasons, the shox are like wearing a ladies kitten heel (not that I've tried) but they lift your heel up and put stress on the foot.

Those hi-tek are ideal trainers, look in hte reviews section. Not only can you find a fasionable trainer in badminton stores nowdays they will be much cheaper that nike shox!

4. Traum

Traum Regular Member

It seems to me that the Nike Shox are gonna keep your feet pretty high off the ground. You're just gonna roll on your ankle and end up injurying yourself.

If none of the Yonex / Hi-Tec badminton shoes fit you, perhaps you can look into some Mizuno or Asics volleyball shoes? Their soles are still a little high for my likings, but at least they aren't as bad as your Nike Shox.

-Rick

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Why do u want to pay more for a non badminton shoe to play badminton?

6. Ethan__24

Ethan__24 Regular Member

I dont think hi-tec shoes are available in the Philippines. I'll try to look for them though. I hope they have my size. :D

7. Ethan__24

Ethan__24 Regular Member

Hi Rick, Whats the difference between volleyball shoes and cross trainer shoes? What about Adidas? I think they have shoes with my size.

8. Ethan__24

Ethan__24 Regular Member

Re: Re: Nike shox propulsion shoe for badminton

Its not that I want to pay more, Its just that Im looking for a shoe that will fit me. Unfortunately badminton shoes dont. So I'm looking for good cross trainer shoes

9. Traum

Traum Regular Member

I'm no expert on shoes. The volleyball shoes would probably have gum soles instead of the standard stuff that you find with other sneakers, thereby offering you some better traction on the courts. I would also assume that a pair of well-designed vball shoes would employ some pretty decent shock dispersion methods.

Perhaps other fellow members from the forum can shed some light on this? (Are you reading this thread, timeless? wood22chuck?

-Rick

10. iameddy

iameddy Regular Member

try the adidas downroar, nice shoes.

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    one ugly shoe (IMO):D

12. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    I resurrected my Asics Typhoon! Previously I had the original insole plus Superfeet insole together. I now removed the original insoles and have only the Superfeet ones. I'm much more confident in this configuration.

Asics Typhoon are volleyball shoes, and are really, really awesome in shock dispersion, when bounding from the backcourt to retrieve drops at the front. Landing from a "bound" either on your heel, or coming to a dead stop on your toes with this shoes are comfortable without transmitting the stress to your knees.

I'm still wary about lateral movements though, but have much more confidence with only one insole.

These shoes have non-marking soles, despite having crosstrainer-type soles.

-dave

13. whacker

whacker Regular Member

There's more to the Nike SHOX than you think

shox are very good for stability becasue the SHOX columns are place on the very edge of the shoes and they are very firm (better than any other cushioning), and the inside SHOX columns are scored and curved, so it's very hard to roll your ankles

that's for basketball SHOX, but I assume cross-training SHOX have the same technology

14. quagmire

quagmire Regular Member

graphic designer
    ethan, try the nike multicourt IV. i believe they have big sizes. asics and mizunos have big sizes as well. im using an asics gum sole shoe myself.

the adidas climacool response has been getting good local reviews as well. theyre available at the adidas store in the powerplant mall.

15. Ethan__24

Ethan__24 Regular Member

Hey thanks quagmire. I'll look at it. I dont think the nike stadium in powerplant have that model though. I'm gonna try to loot at the nike rufino. heard they're having a sale right now.

16. Ethan__24

Ethan__24 Regular Member

hhmmmmmm ...... :confused:

17. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

seems to make sense. You need a lot of lateral stablity for basketball.

18. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    There's no doubt that high end basketball shoes also have some good method to prevent injury.

However, I still prefer badminton shoes over basketball ones:

1. badminton shoes are generally lighter

2. High end basketball shoes are more expensive. Here in my local area, top yonex shoes are around $80, while the top model basketball shoes could easily go up to $120-$200.

Therefore, let's say high end badminton shoes and basketball shoes both perform well, and are safe to wear, base on the issues above, i still pick badminton shoes. Never have to metion, lower end basketball shoes w/o certain features, could be very dangerous in badminton.

19. quagmire

quagmire Regular Member

graphic designer
    ethan, the multicourt iv is available at nike park branches. i dont think stadium branches offer these. im sure nike park at galleria has them. i doubt you'll find good stock at nike rufino. they have mostly old stuff.

personally, the difference in weight is the biggest advantage in getting indoor court shoes instead of bball shoes. it lets you move quickly and lightly on the court better than wearing clunky and big basketball shoes.

20. Party2DMax

Party2DMax Regular Member

Ever considered Nike Presto? I play with these and it's nice and I'm not sure why. I used to play with Yonex shoes and I get blisters all the times but with these shoes I hardly get any. I lace up pretty loose and these shoes are pretty soft flimsy. That's 2 very bad things, on paper at least, but in pratical these 2 factors do not seem detrimental. Try it to believe it.