High Tensions on the Klippermate

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by PinkDawg, Jul 8, 2014.

1. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

Does anyone here have experience with high tensions on the klippermate m140?
    SilentHeart does, I know, but I need help with advice for high tensions.

What should I do specially when I string high tensions on the klippermate? I am thinking of going beyond 25x27. any advice? Thanks in advance :)

2. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

[MENTION=75565]nbonkowsky[/MENTION]

This guy I remember had a stringing video of him doing 29/31 on a Klippermate. From what I can remember it did not look like he was doing anything beyond the norm to make it happen. Maybe he can advise

3. msitpro

msitpro Regular Member

IT consultant
    I used to string at 33lbs on a 2 point mounting machine for about a year... (now on an ECP 6 point)

4. bobbinbette

bobbinbette Regular Member

As long as you're not pulling too fast, I don't think there should be an issue.
    I regularly strung at 26 x 29 or higher before on my old klippermate without issue.

However, make sure to check the racket for any cracks before attempting this (this should be regular practice anyway)!

5. msitpro

msitpro Regular Member

IT consultant
    That's a good point actually.

With the speed and force that an electric machine pulls at, I am very glad of the 6 point mounting.

With crank of drop weight you can manually pull the tension slower and build into the stress on the frame rather than giving it a sharp force.

6. nbonkowsky

nbonkowsky Regular Member

Athlete/Coach
    I just felt really comfortable stringing on the klippermate machine that being said though it would not always be that tight. A few degrees off on the drop weight arm and it could be 1-2 lbs difference as I tested it out against a crank strung racquet and noticed that.

But yes I never felt scared that my racquet would break, I would get to see it bend a little (certain brands way more than others and that was scary) but I felt that the 2 point mount did a good job of holding the racquet firm for me at least.

7. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

Thank you, everyone, for the insight.
    As for stringing at high tensions, I know the proper mounting is on the black plastic pieces, but did you ever opt for load spreaders instead?
    I think I'll try 28-30 on a Muscle Power 7 from a few years ago.

8. bobbinbette

bobbinbette Regular Member

I don't see how it would be possible to secure a racket on a 2 point mount with only load spreaders. There are no side supports to hold the racket in place.

As such, I would suggest only using the black plastic clamp pieces that come with the klippermate over any aftermarket load spreader. Besides, If you look at the curve on the plastic mounting piece, that in itself is a load spreader.

9. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Depend on the racquet you are stringing. For Yonex racquets, I will suggest you go with max as your main and +10% on the cross. It should be safe with a good condition racquet. After you are comfortable with your M140, go up 1 lb at time. I have done a NR ZS at 26x28.5 without support. But that is as far as I will go due to warranty issue and because it is other people's racquet. If it is your racquet, go up further if you like at your own risk. All in your experience.
    Good luck