Apacs Z Series or Z Ziggler - Z Force II Clone

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Dave1011, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had tried the apacs z series or z ziggler rackets?
    I know they are the clone range which arent always as good as apacs own brand rackets but i was wondering if they were good for the cheap price and also what the difference is between the two rackets?

2. kennethtql

kennethtql New Member

yeah.. i was wondering the same question as well. whether have anyone tried this racquet before?

3. philes

philes Regular Member

Guest House Owner
    I own the Zig Zag Speed and the Z Ziggler -They are both medium flex rackets but the Z Ziggler is slightly heavier than the Zig Zag by 1 gram and weighing 85 grams-The main difference between the two rackets is the head heaviness of the Z Ziggler which allows you to generate more power on the smashes and which is better suited if you have an aggressive style of play.My preference goes to the Z Ziggler. The two rackets are supposed to be the clones of the Yonex Nanoray Z Speed and of the Yonex Voltric Z Force 2 but the similarities only go as far as the paint work and both Yonex's weigh some 5 grams more than their Apacs clones and have both stiff shafts-To sum it all they are both good rackets for the cheap price with my vote going to the Z Ziggler but think that the Tantrum 200 and the Tweet range of rackets are superior to them if you are prepared to put your hands to your pocket

4. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Thanks for the reply, I have bought an apacs z series (z force 2 clone) which I have taken for stringing which I should be able to try in a week or so. I noticed that apacs sell both the z series and z ziggler which are both z force 2 clones so I wondered which was newer and which was a better racket. I have used apacs high end rackets such as lethal, tantrum, slayer and virtuoso series and they are very good rackets but sometimes the clone rackets are good too such as the nano 900 rackets which I used for a few years. I will give feedback on the z series when I try it, I like the dark grey and blue paintwork, hopefully it will look good with the dark blue string.

5. philes

philes Regular Member

Guest House Owner
    Hi Dave
    The Z series and the Z Ziggler have the same specifications in terms of materials used to build them.weight and balance-The only difference is that the Z Ziggler has an Extra slim shaft which is supposed to create a stronger and more intense shot and it costs USD 4 more.I have had my Z Ziggler strung with Yonex BG 80 at 25 lbs and i can tell you that it packs a lot of power .I am sure that you will also love your Z series and am awaiting your feedback.

6. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Thanks for the information, I'm having the z series strung to 24lbs with pros pro b200 string so will see how that plays.

7. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I got the Z Series back from the stringer and it looks really good, I hope it plays as well as it looks. I'm playing again in two days so I will try it out then.

image.jpg

8. fondandkit

fondandkit New Member

Thanks for the information, I'm having the z series strung to 24lbs with pros pro b200 string so will see how that plays. [​IMG]

9. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I played with the apacs z series tonight and it played really well.
    I used my apacs virtuoso performance rackets which felt heavier that the z series but had slightly better power. I also used my yehlex yx88sl rackets which were quicker in defence than the apacs rackets because they are so light but not as good power as either of the apacs rackets.
    The z series was a good quality all round racket, especially for the low price. if I can sell a few of my other rackets then I think I will be tempted to get more or try a z ziggler.

10. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I couldn't help myself so asked for a price for more z series rackets, the z series are out of stock but I was offered a very good price for a pair of z zigglers. I couldn't say no so I will be trying those out when I'm back from my holiday. Anyone want any rackets? I keep trying to sell some but I'm buying a lot more than selling!

11. curiosityKAC

curiosityKAC Regular Member

Ive been using z-ziggler for a month and i would say I love it. Previously i used yonex zforce and i would felt really tired after 1.5hr but with z-ziggler, it gives me the power and i dont feel as tired after 2hrs of game. FYI, i also own a yonex iforce, it was not as good as z-ziggler, not much power when smashing.

12. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I'm glad you like the z ziggler so much, I have bought a pair of z ziggler but they are still unstrung and waiting for my stringer to get back from holiday. I have used the z series 3 times now and that's a good racket for the cheap price. I still prefer my virtuoso performance rackets now I have got used to them but we will see how the z ziggler compares once they are strung.

13. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I have only had a quick swing with the z ziggler I had strung but it feels very similar to the z series force ii. If anyone wants a z series force ii or z ziggler in uk let me know because I have just bought some victor meteor rackets and need to sell some of my other rackets.

14. T.O.P

T.O.P Regular Member

Wondering is that spec true? 38lbs max tension? Anyone try to strung 31lbs here before?

15. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I had some strung at 28lbs and they were fine, I didn't go any higher than that.

16. elvisyap

elvisyap Regular Member

Have just tried out my first session using z ziggler, would say that the power is much better than my previous rackets edgesaber10, but i am having a problem, mishit very frequently, may i know is ziggler frame isometric or normal?

17. Jasontam

Jasontam Regular Member

Businessman
    I using apacs ziggler 565, very light feel and powerful smash and easy lob I can do.

18. hftey

hftey New Member

Bought a used one string with 66UM but at 23lbs.. feel no control at all.. maybe its the 23lbs.. but one of the worse I had ever used.

19. Jasontam

Jasontam Regular Member

Businessman
    I use bg66 with 24 lbs, it's hard to control at the beginning. Now I just feel better, the lob easily reach baseline. But now another problem, I need to control cause always out of the court while play match.

20. Atcraz

Atcraz Regular Member

I have Apacs z ziggler and fleet Volitant z force 2.

Z ziggler using Gosen rx4 100@27lbs
    Fleet z force 2 using BG66UM @ 28/30lbs

Seems to find the racket strung w BG66UM plays better. For such a price for these 2 rackets. It's worth it.

Appearance wise , fleet z force 2 stands out.

Btw I also own a yonex z force 2 as well BG80P w 29lbs.