WISE 2086 Gripper issue with Adi power pro string

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by georgsi_uk1, Jul 13, 2014.

1. georgsi_uk1

georgsi_uk1 Regular Member

I recently got a few adi power pro strings to test them so as to replace ZM62 if I am satisfied with the performance.

NOw coming to the issue during stringing. I did the mains at 25 lb and did the first few crosses at 26lbs and then the issue with the gripper started. It was not being able to grip the string and after a few attempts the string got chewed up. I started the cross again with a new string and the same issue, now at the first cross itself.

I have checked the gripper internal screw and I dont think i Can tighten it any further.

After this whole episode with adi power pro string, just to test an another string,I tried starting the mains with a ZM65 and there was no issue as such, atleast to start with.

HAs anyne faced the same issue ? I recently did a few rackets with BG66UM, which I think is the closest to adi power pro interms of look and feel, at 28/30 and didnt have any issues (not sure if it will work now, I mean after the issue with adidas sring). So just wanted to check with people out here if anyone have had similar issues (string specifc ??) and if so, any solutions ?

2. demonderrick

demonderrick Regular Member

As far as I know, you could insert a piece of papper in between the gripper, that is how my friend did when he needs to string the ZM62. Hopefully this helps.

3. georgsi_uk1

georgsi_uk1 Regular Member

I forgot to update this thread. I followed the advise the Mark A and removed the gripper pin that restricts the movement of the gripper to freely close when pulling tension. It worked!!!. I did not have the issue with ZM62, so I think its more due to the adidas string being very smooth/soft. Anyways, its sorted.