Pointfore racquets! Anybody tried them?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by chhayalak, Mar 21, 2004.

1. chhayalak

chhayalak Regular Member

Poor University Student
    Hi.

I just recently found out about pointfore products. They are a canadian based company (just outside of waterloo,ontario) I think :/. They sell badminton equipment along with squash stuff.

I was wondering if anybody own or have used pointfore racquets? I'm thinking of purchasing one. I live in the KW area so hopefully i can buy directly from them. They list the retail price of their products right on the website. www.pointfore.ca.! Their high end racquet are a lot cheaper too then the bigger name brands. So it'd be nice if somebody have used them and cuold comment. It definately bea good alternative!:)

Thanks.

2. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Got the Pointfore Super Carbon 5500 T3, loved it, loved it alot. Balance is pretty much even and has a very stiff shaft. I was able to have it strung at 23X25lbs with BG80. I was able to generate decent amount of power and also took time to adapt to it (increased control). It's too bad they're out of production because not many people digs extra stiff racquets. It's been relegated to backup status cuz I just bought a CAB22.

3. edward

edward Regular Member

Hey chhayalak,
    You can contact me, Pointfore.ca, or Traum (altho he's in BC). This upcoming weekend there is a tournament at UW and I'm pretty sure both me and Pointfore.ca will be there. I will have my entire set of demos with me. I think the court time is kind of tight, so not sure if you will have a chance to play around with them. Maybe there is somewhere else we can play for a bit? I'm sure something can be arranged.

btw, I'm biased towards the 2100ti and the Ultimate ;)

#3 edward, Mar 21, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2004
  4. chhayalak

chhayalak Regular Member

Poor University Student
    Hi Edward, do you know what day you will be there?:). I actually have a squash tournament in london that weekend so it may be tight for me to show up as well. It runs from fri-sun. :/!

But it may be possible. I could lose in the first round, hehe.

5. edward

edward Regular Member

I'll be there Friday afternoon to play singles. Doubles and Mixed is Saturday all day pretty much. I still need a Doubles partner if anyone is interested :D I might stick around till Sunday, not sure yet; I will decide according to my work load this week and next. Pointfore.ca is in Waterloo, maybe something else can be arranged if this weekend is no good for you.

I feel this is getting very specific for an open post.
    PM me if you would like to arrange something for this weekend or have any more questions about Pointfore. I can send you my MSN and ICQ contacts also.

6. Traum

Traum Regular Member

Hey chhayalak. Which racquet in the Pointfore lineup are you interested in? Or rather, what is your playing style and preferences in a racquet? If you let us know, I'm sure we can recommend something that suits you.

-Rick

7. SmashingPower

SmashingPower Regular Member

student, but desperately to get retired
    Canada. China. Sweden. I do live in many places, y
    I just robbed a Ti 5500 off edward. I really like it! very fast swing and lots of control with the shots. Decent stiff shaft. The grip is pretty big though, larger than all the yonex regular grips. If you want to have a over grip go for thin ones.

The price is not bad at all.

oh, btw, where is KW? kuwait??? :p

8. shewlett

shewlett Regular Member

Pointfore 2100 Ti

I recently purchased a Pointfore 2100 Ti from the US Pointfore web site: http://www.pointfore.com/badminton.htm and I really like it ... it is exactly as advertised - "Titanium in the head makes it more stable. Great balance and feel. Excellent value for this technology.". It has medium flex and feels just right in my hand when playing with it (I know the feel is highly subjective).

The only problem is that my wife really likes it too so I'm not using it much since we play together a lot. It looks like I'll be buying another one soon. :D

9. tsunamis

tsunamis Regular Member

WARNING!!! Made in ______ DOES make a difference.

Make sure you have the correct racket when you are buying it. This already happened to me when I bought my Pointfore Premier Iso from the SAME SELLER at different times. There are actually TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT Pointfore Premier Iso rackets. A Canadian, and UK version. I'm not 100% sure about the other models Pointfore has to offer. But for the Premier Iso... these are the different specs.

Canadian Version:
    Weight = 85g
    Balance = Even
    Flex = Med-Stiff

UK Version:
    Weight = 92g
    Balance = Head Heavy
    Flex = Stiff

Which equals a HUGE difference in game play and power.

Basically I got ripped off because the seller did not inform me of this when I bought it.

#9 tsunamis, Jan 23, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2006
  10. dilwala

dilwala Regular Member

This thread is 2 years old!!!!:p

11. MissChanChan

MissChanChan Regular Member

K-W Pointfore Tournament, June 10, 2006

Hi everyone,

If you want to try out the Pointfore racquet, they are hosting a tournament at Kitchener-Waterloo Badminton Club. If you are interested, please go to www.pointfore.ca. hope to see you there.:)

-----------------------

The Kitchener-Waterloo Badminton Club is proud to host the first K-W Pointfore Invitational badminton tournament! The Kitchener-Waterloo Badminton Club is proud to host the first K-W Pointfore Invitational badminton tournament! This is an open tournament for everyone and it is guaranteed to be filled with friends, food and fun!

We invite you all to come participate in this doubles (men and women) and mixed doubles tournament. Just for entering the tournament, you will have a chance to win door prizes from our wonderful sponsors:

GOLD SPONSOR:
    POINTFORE CANADA (www.pointfore.ca) - Racquets & Accessories

SILVER SPONSOR:
    ALLIED FLOORING INC (www.alliedflooring.ca) - Unit C - 75 Northland Rd, Waterloo, ON – 519-725-7575

BRONZE SPONSOR:
    CENTRAL FRESH MARKET (www.centralfreshmarket.com) - 760 King Street West, Kitchener, ON – 519-576-9400

The money raised from this event will be used to help with the ongoing renovations at the K-W Badminton Club.

EVENT DETAILS:

Date: Saturday, June 10, 2006
    Location: K-W Badminton Club (69 Agnes Street, Waterloo, Ontario)

Registration and Warm-up: 8:30am
    Men’s Doubles: 9:00am
    Ladies’ Doubles: 10:00am
    Mixed Doubles: 3:00pm

Draw Format: Minimum 3 Games Each Team

Cost: $20 for one Event, $30 for two Events
    Lunch and Snacks: Will Be Provided!
    Shuttles: Nylon Shuttles Will Be Provided!
    (Option of using Feather Shuttles at the discretion of both teams)
    Prizes: LOTS of prizes from our sponsors!

REGISTRATION BEGINS: Immediately!
    REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Saturday, June 3, 2006

To register for the tournament please fill out the attached form and email it to tournament@pointfore.ca. Partner Requests are available so fill out the form and we will try our best to match you with a partner.

For more information regarding the tournament and the sponsors, please visit us at the Pointfore Canada website (www.pointfore.ca). Please feel free to pass this information onto anyone else who may be interested.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at the same email address