User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Anybody have tried Carlton GT-1 fether shuttlecock?

Hi All,

I am a newbie here and glad to find this forum out. I received a lot of good and helpful advices here and hope that BC will continue to flourish.

I am interested in purchasing the Carlton GT-1 that is currently on Badminton Alley's Overstock Sale for $24.95. Elsewhere, I see it for about $40. Just wondering if anybody have tried this GT-1 before/recently. If anybody has tried it before, please give a comparison with other brand such as Aeroplane or Yonex.

I have put the link below for the product.

http://www.badmintonalley.com/category_s/168.htm

Thx,
    Amy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had this one before...It is okay to me...but not that outstanding. You actually can buy youhe S100 for cheaper price and better quality.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used some GT1's around a year ago and was very impressed actually...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buy a tube and give them a go. I didn't think the durability was as good as other shuttles but it could have been the batch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with diverdan, I tried the Carlton gt1 shuttles along with the Dunlop af1 which seem to be the same, they were good to start with but didn't last very long. I got the Dunlops very cheap though so didn't mind using more. They were fine for practice sessions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've used a few tubes before. They lasted really long and flight was very good. The Youhe S100 are good for the price, but definitely not as good as the GT-1 were. To me, the good Youhe one's were about the same as AS40 and the not so good ones about AS30. GT-1 seemed to be better than AS40 and close to AS50 level. I bought my GT-1 from badmintonalley as well. Give them a try.
    Last edited by slvrdrgn123; 07-25-2014 at 12:11 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess it depends what you are using the shuttles for and your level. If its singles and you dont miss hit then they should last at least half a game. We used them for MDs and we were going through probably 3 a game. Similar to AS20's.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have tested all of Carlton shuttles and was not impressed. Out of each tube the best I got was 9 that flew at the same speed. The worst was 8. For a brand with the pedigree of Carlton this is simply not good enough.

I had tested Carlton shuttles on numerous occasions so this is not a one off batch. Personally I believe there are are far better shuttles on the market such as Yehlex yellow. Don't both with the rest of the Yehlex range because they're not durable. Yellows are pretty good.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk