Yang Yang, Apacs, Gosen Racquets

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Party2DMax, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Party2DMax

Party2DMax Regular Member

Hi, I'd like to know which brand/model I should consider. Currently, I'm a beginner although I used to train under Ong Beng Tiong's academy a long long time ago. But I've lost touch with anything badminton-related for more than half a decade and I'm a newb now :D. So, now that I've my interest back first thing to do is to get myself an entry level racquet. My budget is RM160 nett (for reference, a Gosen Grapower 850 TI is around RM180 list) and I'm considering those 3 above-mentioned brands. In short, I'm a beginner looking for an entry-level racquet. Specifically, I'd prefer an offense to all-round racquet so anyone with experience with those brands, please help me out with recommendations and/or comments. Thanks.

#1 Party2DMax, Mar 23, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2004
  2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Not sure about Apacs, but both Yangyang and Gosen have tons of models (not sure if true around ur local area or not). Therefore, just talking about the brand in general, it's hard to give anything useful.

Maybe you can list the specified models that you are interested (available and in ur price range), and let others give u some suggestions. Also, if possible, borrow rackets from ur friends, fellow club members, or rent a demo from local dealers to really do a "test" by urself. Whatever other ppl say, might not be 100% suitable for your own need. Even just several swings or 5 mins drills can give u a much better idea than reading 50 reviews.

3. calvinlgoh

calvinlgoh Regular Member

Student
    the MP 55 is on a 70% discount in Jaya Jusco in MidValley although I am not sure if they still have any left. Apparently they are discontinuing the MP series in KL... You might wanna check that out. With 70% discount, it might be worth giving it a try.

I have never tried it but have read good reviews about it.

You might also wanna check out the Carbonex 21. I think it goes for around 215 in pertama complex. Its a very good racket, I tried it quite a few years back... and it has many good reviews on it.

Oh well... good luck finding a racket...

calvin

4. Saiful

Saiful Regular Member

Travel Agency Manager
    You may try Yonex Carbonex 20 or Yonex MP 55. Price of MP 55 approx RM 179.00 incl grip and choice of string. You should go to Racket World at Pertama complex. Sorry i don't have the fone no of racket world.

I just bought a protec 990 Max Power for RM 170.00 incl grip and string. May be you could consider Protech rather than Yonex.

5. Party2DMax

Party2DMax Regular Member

Alright thanks guys. I'm gonna check out the MP 55 later today.

6. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    Be careful, Mp-55 is very heavy and head heavy, not all players can use it.

7. shawn30_k

shawn30_k Regular Member

student
    apacs is a very controlled racket.not head heavy but controlled so its easier to use.