Yonex arcsaber z-slash vs arcsaber fb.

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Finn61, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Finn61

Finn61 New Member

Hi all!
    i am new to this forum, I used to play for a badminton club in my town, however I stopped for a year and have recently started playing again at the local sport centre with my friends. I have an old yonex muscle power 21 from years ago which used to be a decent racquet, however I normally play singles and find my self not smashing as much, I decided that I mainly want control, so I looked at the arcsaber series (especially the z-slash) to develop my skills, however I cannot join the badminton club again because I am behind on funds.

i am a 15 year old boy, I'm relatively strong and am 6 ft 1 if that has an effect.

i would like to hear your opinions.

2. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

If you play singles only I would choose ArcSaber Z-Slash. Flash Boost is more suited to doubles in my opinion.
    However you can use the Fb for Singles too of course, but the Z-Slash packs more punch.

3. ahcash

ahcash Regular Member

Or you can try the ArcSaber 11 which is meant for control. (at least according to the Yonex Matrix).

4. hgl13

hgl13 Regular Member

Agree with ahcash, Arcsaber 11 3U for both singles and doubles. Since it's quick enough for doubles and has quite decent power.

5. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

The z-slash is a really fast racket to play with if you have good technique. I recommend it if you ever intend to switch back to aggressive play. If you have a balanced game, however, Arc11 is a great racket too.

6. wbierogram

wbierogram New Member

yeh,Since it's quick enough for doubles and has quite decent power. [​IMG]

7. alien9113

alien9113 Regular Member

I think it depends on your techniques. Personally, I have seen more females using FB for singles than males and their shots don't lack punch. If you are able to borrow these rackets, you can try them out. From my experience, FB doesn't lack power and is a good control racket.